We are Kit and Ace, and we make Technical Luxury™ – clothing that has all the quality of luxury clothing, paired with the functionality of performance wear. Founded in Vancouver, BC, we have shops worldwide, and more opening all the time. Change is constant around here. We are always innovating. Our shops will evolve, our locations will change, our product line will progress and in 100 years we could be doing anything.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, accountability, transparency and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of creative leadership. We make more than just Technical Cashmere™ and the perfect t-shirt – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
The District Director is responsible for the performance of all shops within their region which includes and is not limited to managing and growing retail operations in the region, maximizing sales, training and developing a strong pipeline of future leaders and ensuring that the Kit and Ace brand and culture is authentically represented on our shop floor and in market.
This role reports directly to the Area Director and supports the growth, strategy and vision of their respective region and overall business and brand objectives. As a hands-on retailer, you hire, develop, and train the best retail team to ensure a world class guest experience and stellar community-based marketing initiatives, and drive continuous improvement through regular review and analysis of the business and results.
Leadership & Development
- Allocate 30% of your time to lead, develop, coach and guide your team in establishing goals and developing their competencies that drive performance and supports personal development
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- Train and develop Shop Directors and ensure that they are developing a strong line of talent within their shops
- Partner with the Training Department to roll out any training that may be required within your region
- Oversee the opening and management of all retail stores in the region
- Assume full accountability for all retail operations and business growth in the region
- Maintain an ongoing dialogue with the Retail Operations Director
- Ensure shops are operating at the highest level of integrity and are generating a world class experience
- Responsible for managing all inventory aspects within your region to ensure optimum margin and sell through
- Responsible for prioritizing any shop improvements that may need to take place
- Ensure Shop Director is meeting operational requirements for each foundation of the shop architecture through shop visits, regular coaching conversations and reviewing shop performance
- Proactively recruit for all open roles within your region
- Assist with the formulation of company policies in the region
- Provides valuable feedback and suggestions to the Real Estate team as a stakeholder in identifying new locations for shop openings.
- Accountable for Shops providing accurate sales forecasting details to HQ and determining their bonus eligible metrics.
Financial and Business Accountability
- Accountable for monitoring Shops operating and financial results against plans and budgets on a quarterly basis
- Participate with the Senior Executive Teams strategic planning meetings
- Provide product assortment and design feedback to Kit and Ace’s planning department
- Develop and execute effective business strategies, market strategies and financial plans
Brand and Culture
- Define, model and demonstrate the behaviours that enhance engagement, build enduring relationships and represent the Kit and Ace brand at all times
- Ensure the smooth development and management of the Kit and Ace corporate culture, people review processes, and leadership development focus in the retail shops and regional office
- Lead by example as a steward for guest experience by working shifts on the retail floor
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Supports the Shop Director and Market Director collaboration for Shop initiatives that ensure the development of Brand and Market strategies that drive Shop traffic.
- Act as a key connector to the creative class in the region
- Smart, intelligent, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Proven success coaching, developing and mentoring teams
- 5+ years of proven success in a management role within a multiunit/portfolio based environment
- Proven success managing a budget and bottom line performance
- Ability to drive results while fostering autonomy within your direct report team
- University degree or diploma in business, marketing or a closely related field
- Strong capacity to work cross functionally
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Capable of working in unstructured environments
- Able to manage multiple highly demanding projects at once
- High competency in project management
- Strong diagnostic analytical skills (Root cause analysis)
- Lead and motivate others
- Apparel merchandising is an asset
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Able to travel nationally and internationally as may be required from time to time
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Encourage an open, honest and positive team environment
|Reports to:||Head of Retail|
|Working Team:||Retail Team|
|Works Closely with:||All other functional departments|
|Type:||Contract, full-time position|
|Compensation:||Competitive salary + discretionary annual performance bonus + group benefits|
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the 411 behind a start up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next 5 years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Kit and Ace!