This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As QA Lead, you will be responsible for leading and testing all in-house applications, building test cases, and ensuring all applications are held to high quality standards. As our ideal candidate, you are a master at writing test cases based on application specifications and have over 4 years’ of experience in a similar QA role.
- Manage, assign and monitor tasks for QA Technicians.
- Mentor and train junior QA technicians within the IT Development team.
- Review requirements and specifications and build test cases for all software applications and integrations being used by Kit and Ace.
- Review potential automated testing platforms, ensuring the selected testing platform scales to enterprise-level solutions to support a $1 billion revenue company.
- Assist with the selection of an automated testing platform for Kit and Ace’s software products.
- Manage the construction and implementation of automated test scripts.
- Test all in-house applications, logging defects accurately.
- Manage Kit and Ace’s bug tracking software, ensuring that issue resolving, task tracking and new feature requests are being created and maintained correctly, as per Kit and Ace’s standards.
- Work with developers to explain and resolve issues.
- Ensure all applications are being held to high quality standards, and compliant with company application quality standards
- Recruit, review and select direct QA reports, ensuring QA staffing levels are maintained at an appropriate level to provide QA resources for all software projects.
- Provide documented feedback and statuses on subordinate QA team members.
- Organize daily stand-up meetings with the QA team.
- Document quarterly and yearly performance reviews for members of the development
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- 4+ years of experience in a QA role
- Proven success coaching, developing and mentoring teams
- Strong communication skills, able to convey information accurately and effectively
- Experience writing test cases based on application specifications
- Experience writing automated test scripts in an enterprise-level test harness (i.e. Selenium IDE)
- Highly organized with an ability to work in a fast paced and ever changing environment
- Strong people skills with an ability to work within a team
- Familiar with standard bug tracking tools. i.e. JIRA
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: IT Development Manager
Working Team: IT Team
Works Closely with: Brand Team, Ecommerce Team, Retail Team
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!