We are Kit and Ace. We make Technical Apparel for your everyday life by applying the best practices of athletic design to clothing you want to wear all day.
We created Kit and Ace for people like us – people who love to move and understand how technical clothing should perform, people who are spoiled by the comfort and movement of athletic apparel, but want to leave gym clothes at the gym. In our world, functionality, beauty and style live together.
Our concentration on transformational development lives in how we design our product and especially in how we develop our people. We want to develop the leaders of tomorrow by pushing the boundaries of what we thought we were capable of. We are working on something bigger than ourselves. We focus on creating products and experiences that keep us moving forward so we can each make the most of our days.
Still reading? Good. Let’s create some big things together.
As the Technical Developer, your primary mission is to create and commercialise product and ensuring it is meeting our established standards for fit and construction supported by lab and wear-testing.
- Coordinate development of spec packages in excel, PDF or PLM and hand-off to the factory partner for initial prototypes and development through to pre-production samples
- Develop all PLM technical info -BOM, spec sheets, grading and other information for prototypes, production, and special makes
- Prioritize and maintain deadlines with prototype patterns and samples
- Utilize innovative and creative problem solving techniques in accomplishing specific design elements
- Provide information and approved sample for fabric utilization, labor time, and costing
- Development of samples for test raw materials
- Assist in fit sessions for prototypes and size set samples and critique for fit and stylin
- Coordinating input from Designers to determine prototype changes, issue accurate production samples for production
- Approve proto sample lifecycle with factory partner
- Approve production sample for grading
- Prioritize and maintain production deadlines of completed patterns and finalized spec sheets
- Work closely with the Design and Product team to develop quality products in accordance with Kit and Ace standards
- Working closely with Production Manager to develop construction methods that are efficient for production and cost effective while maintaining design integrity
- Assist and resolve any concerns from the production floor working closely with Production Manager
- Notifying various factory partners of engineering changes of production styles
- Continuously streamline design processes and procedures that will facilitate final design integrity, accurate fit and appropriate margin
- 3+ years’ experience in apparel industry in a Technical Developer capacity
- Knowledgeable of high quality garment construction, stitches, and factory production methods & best industry practices.
- Drawing, flat sketching, or Illustrator experience required
- Experience in interpreting design sketches into tech packs required
- Experience in interpreting design fit direction into tech packs and direction to international factories required
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and experienced in proactive problem solving
- Effective verbal and written technical communication skills required
- Ability to be flexible in a multiple-task environment with a sense of urgency to meet development and production timelines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, able to work closely with buyers and present your ideas, requiring a confident, 'can do' attitude to your work
- Team player to step into this challenging role and be confident at building good internal and external relationships.
- Willing and able to travel internationally
- Collaborative, egoless, adaptable, open to possibility and personal development
- Addicted to movement and activity, living a full-contact life
- COMPUTER SKILLS:
- Microsoft Office (Excel & Word)
- Outlook / Email
- Photoshop preferred
- PDM experience preferred
Reports to: Senior Technical Developer
Working Team: Product Team
Works Closely with: Design Team
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please describe how you move in your city, outline a one-year goal you are working towards and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!