We are Kit and Ace. We make Technical Apparel for your everyday life by applying the best practices of athletic design to clothing you want to wear all day.
We created Kit and Ace for people like us – people who love to move and understand how technical clothing should perform, people who are spoiled by the comfort and movement of athletic apparel, but want to leave gym clothes at the gym. In our world, functionality, beauty and style live together.
Our concentration on transformational development lives in how we design our product and especially in how we develop our people. We want to develop the leaders of tomorrow by pushing the boundaries of what we thought we were capable of. We are working on something bigger than ourselves. We focus on creating products and experiences that keep us moving forward so we can each make the most of our days.
Still reading? Good. Let’s create some big things together.
As the Accounts Payable Coordinator, you will provide clerical and accounting support for our busy and fast-paced Finance department. You will provide all the administrative and transactional support required for our evolving Finance Team, including maintenance of accurate records and files, processing invoices, receipt of goods into the system, entry of adjustments, cheque run preparation, mailing payments and anything else needed to ensure accurate and actionable data. This position reports into the Senior Accountant and works closely with all members of the Finance and Accounting team.
You are passionate about working in a start-up environment, being hands-on, and owning any task or challenge you are assigned. You love detail and have a commitment to volume processing while maintaining accuracy. You are proactive, a self-starter and a team player.
- Verify, process and allocate vendor invoices, including PO matching
- Partner with departments and shop locations to ensure invoices and expenses are approved and submitted on time
- Validate the integrity of approved vendor invoices and employee expense reports in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Assign appropriate general ledger accounts and department codes to invoices and expense reports
- Reconcile vendor statements, ensuring all discrepancies on statement/invoices have been resolved prior to issuing payment.
- Process cheque runs, employee expense reports and vendor payments weekly
- Prepare and process credit card payments monthly
- Ensure accuracy of the AP aging
- Set up and maintain vendor records, including preparation of new vendor credit applications
- Maintain banking and filing supplies (bank deposit slips, cheque forms, general filing supplies)
- File accounting documents, including invoices, receipt documentation, vendor banking information, credit applications, incorporation documents (both paper & paperless)
- Prepare ad hoc reports as required.
- Provide administrative support to the Finance Department as required
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in an Accounts Payable role
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles, practices, terminology and banking procedures
- Experience working with an ERP system is an asset
- Intermediate proficiency with Excel and Word
- Conscientious, strong attention to detail with high level of accuracy
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Ability to uphold a high-level of confidentiality when working with sensitive business information
- Well organised and efficient, with a good dose of common sense, initiative and sound judgement
- Results-oriented and process driven, encourage a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Entrepreneurial, egoless, adaptable, open to possibility and personal development
- Addicted to movement and activity, living a full-contact life
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Working Team: Finance Team
Works Closely with: All other business departments
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please describe how you move in your city, outline a one-year goal you are working towards and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!