We are Kit and Ace, and we make Technical Luxury™ – clothing that has all the quality of luxury clothing, paired with the functionality of performance wear. Founded in Vancouver, BC, we have showrooms worldwide, and more opening all the time. Change is constant around here. We are always innovating. Our showrooms will evolve, our locations will change, our product line will progress and in 100 years we could be doing anything.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, accountability, transparency and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of creative leadership. We make more than just Technical Cashmere™ and the perfect t-shirt – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As the HR Business Partner, you will be the face of the People team, supporting our busy and fast paced Head Office operations in Vancouver. Reporting into and working closely with the Director of People, you will support, facilitate and lead a wide range of people programs, processes and systems to maximize operational effectiveness.
As an experienced senior leader, you will work closely with management as well as all levels within the organization, working at both a strategic and operational level as you drive the seamless execution of people programs and initiatives.
As a transformational leader, you elevate your partners through engaged conversations, taking a stand for our vision, mission, and values, while modeling and living into the behaviour that elevate employee’s potential, performance and productivity.
- 100% employee SAPR completion rate and 100% manager 360 review completion rate
- Maintain 100% compliance with company benefits program, ensure strict timelines are met in regards to onboarding and offboarding of employee benefits
- Proactive engagement and business partnering that result in the identification of problems and recommendation of solutions that enable managers to better manage their business as measured by goals and 360 review feedback
- Development and delivery of well executed People programs, processes and systems as measured by goals and 360 review feedback
- Proactively engage with management and cross functional partners to identify problems and seek solutions that enable managers to better manage their business
- Establish operational objectives and work plans based on Kit and Ace’s strategic goals and transform the strategic direction from executives to the operational and team level
- Model the company culture through living into our vision, mission and values every day
- Support a culture that balances performance, productivity, personal responsibility and development
- Provide human resources consultation and direction on key people issues such as workforce planning, talent management, performance management and goal setting, succession planning, employee retention and engagement, conflict resolution, employee relations, benefits and compensation management, and compliance to all applicable legislation and regulations for the regions in which we operate
- Support all levels of management on performance and employee relations issues, and provide coaching and guidance that ensures the effective implementation of a robust performance review process and the identification and development of key talent within the business
- Working closely with the Director and Head of People, develop, deploy and facilitate Talent Management initiatives including talent mapping and succession planning
- Lead, assess, and oversee annual compensation reviews and incentive programs; initiate, review and analyze external market surveys to external / internal data and provide strategic recommendations on compensation policies and practices aligned with organizational goals
- Lead and manage Kit and Ace’s group benefits programs for Canada and US; conduct regular reviews and appropriate plan monitoring to ensure that plans meet all compliance requirements while maintaining sustainability and promoting user engagement
- Lead the implementation of a HR shared service model for Hold It All (a small group of Wilson Family companies) such as HR business partnering, implementation of People programs and policies; partner with Payroll Dep’t to deliver seamless service, and other project work as required
- Works collaboratively with other HRBP’s to share best practices, and develop world class strategies to ensure communication and processes across all locations and teams remains best practice, consistent and seamless
- Ensure Kit and Ace is compliant with all employment laws and regulations in Canada and the US, and advise stakeholders on the application and interpretation of all compliance issues and policy
- Prepare and analyze monthly and quarterly HR Metrics as requested such as headcount, turnover, training, onboarding, exit interview, etc. and provide guidance to support decision making
- Support and lead a simplified and automated processes that promotes continuous improvement of programs and process, actively driving efficiency and a smart, progressive work ethos
- Support the People team with other duties and projects as required
KEY INTERNAL BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS
- People Team (HR Ops, Recruitment, People Development)
- Cross Functional HQ Partners (Senior Leaders, Managers and Individual Contributors)
OUR CORE VALUES
- We live in possibility
- We design for performance
- We operate in Integrity
- We understand time is precious
- We are transformational leaders
COMPETENCIES AND KEY REQUIREMENTS
- You are aligned with our company core values, vision and mission
- Minimum 5+ years HR Business Partner or Generalist experience within Canada and the US and ideally within a retail environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence others, able to manage upward to
- In-depth knowledge of employment law and compliance issues within Canada
- Comprehensive knowledge within the Canadian and US benefits landscape, demonstrated ability to provide leadership, guidance and act as a subject matter expert on all benefits related inquires
- 3+ yrs. experience with compensation plan design, including variable pay
- CHRP certification or hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or Human Resources
- Results-oriented and process-driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback, and encourage an open, honest and positive team environment
Works Closely with:
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!