As a Designer, you will be responsible for supporting the design team in designing, creating and commercializing product as we take our apparel to a new level.
- Work with Senior Designer to assist and prepare presentations for key meetings
- Create technical drawings from designer initial sketchs
- Prep files for seasonal workflow (Sketches, Templates, WWDT,WWMT, Technicals)
- Support Senior Designer in tech pack creation by thorough creation of spec packs with measurements, photos, technical sketches and trim information to pass to factories
- Create and maintain colour up files
- Sketch and design apparel based on specific information (theme, key trends, iterations of bestselling designs)
- Research and present design insights and inspiration
- Attend design related meetings and provide design/customer research for upcoming seasons
- Work close to season, adhering to strict deadlines
- Organize product testing and collect feedback (send out samples, communicate with testers, create and own test tracker)
- Receive store feedback and organize actionable plan to solve for relevant challenges in shops (eComm).
- Support the design team with seasonal trend research, layouts, and file organization
- Responsible for maintaining presentation layout, set up and organize presentation material
- Support in the creation of mock ups and prototypes
- Maintain and organize design and workshop area
Product Assistance Responsibilities
- Request and approve lab dips
- Support in naming styles
- Support in general related tasks
- WFX Owner – assist design team (design+ product developer) by maintaining our WFX information for both colour, cancellations, style creation, and style information updates
- Is an expert in updating AI files for cross functional department communication (visual line plans, sketches act).
- Organize and own sample library for design and prototyping development
- Support our showrooms by working at Kit and Ace shops twice a month
The Finer Print (Experience Requirements):
- 2-5 years’ experience as a Junior Designer or Design Assistant
- An undergraduate degree or diploma in design, apparel, or related field
- Entrepreneurial skills including: creative problem solving that solves
- Proficient computer skills specifically with MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and advance ability with Adobe Suite (Illustrator).
- Experience with PLM and WFX is an asset
- Keen eye for global trends, colours, fabrics and details
- Strong knowledge of garment construction and textiles required with understanding of garment fit and aesthetics
- Well organized, an effective communicator (oral & written) and experienced in managing priorities and liaising and building internal and external relationships
- Ability and comfort working in a creative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment, adaptable to change and able to work closely with buyers and present your ideas, requiring a confident, dependable 'can do' attitude to your work
- Willing to be in wonderment and to learn by seeking mentorship from teammates
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Senior Designer
Working Team: Design
Works Closely with: All other business departments
Type: 6 Month Contract Position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please describe how you move in your city, outline a one-year goal you are working towards and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!