Kit and Ace designs contemporary luxury apparel, accessories and lifestyle products for men and women. Founded in Vancouver, BC, we have stores across North America and are opening locations internationally in 2015. Change is constant around here. We will always be innovating. Our studios will evolve, our locations will change, our product line will progress and in 100 years we could be making spaceships.
We are in constant pursuit of the newest systems, fabrics and tools to create the best in Technical Luxury™ apparel. We believe in improving the perfect. Our speciality is luxury fabrics with technical properties that allow for easier care, greater comfort and increased functionality.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and of paramount importance. It is founded on integrity, frank conversations, accountability, transparency, and continuous development.
We are committed to integrity, and to a culture of creative leadership. We make more than just perfect t-shirts – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we’ve got big, global plans.
As an Operational Solutions Specialist for this fast-growing retail start-up, you will be responsible for the development and execution of behind-the-scenes processes required to run a Kit and Ace shop. In typical Kit and Ace fashion this role will wear multiple hats, being part project manager and part business analyst.
You will manage the operational processes of all new shop openings and relocations ensuring that all business partners at HQ are coordinated to provide a seamless transition and execution for the shop teams. You will manage the New Business Opener (NBO) program overseeing the selected individuals in the field responsible for the successful execution of new shops.
For all currently open shops the Operational Solutions Specialist will also manage the regular publication and maintenance of financial tools to assist the shops leadership in effective management of the sales KPIs, expenses, labour budgets, and effective scheduling.
This position reports to the Director, Operational Solutions and will provide direct and focused support for systems that affect the shops worldwide. You will work closely with other members of the Operational Solutions department and provide support to the rest of the company as necessary.
- Develop and maintain clear shop processes for Kit and Ace through new Showrooms and shop experiences.
- Ensure exceptional execution of all operational processes for new shops through the coordination of all HQ and field partners.
- Manage the New Business Opener program overseeing and assisting the field team responsible for the opening of new shops.
- Manage the new shop opening calendar and details required.
- Maintain the development of scalable tools and processes to enable strong financial management and improved business results of Kit and Ace shops worldwide.
- Initiatives include: financial management, labor forecasting, shop schedule effectiveness, budgeting, and expense management.
- Provide clear insights and recommendations to shops and leadership on areas of business improvements.
- Maintain the shops and district level quarterly review process, collecting data from multiple sources and department, and overseeing the reporting publication
- Monitor all developed processes and results to identify and develop ongoing enhancements.
- Coach and develop other team members in your area of expertise
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- Define, model and demonstrate the behaviors that enhance engagement, build enduring relationships, and represent the Kit and Ace brand at all times
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic, and creative atmosphere
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and development that embraces individuality
- Work on other ad hoc requests as required
- Operational Solutions – Your team that will ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of all shop processes.
- Shop Development and Brand teams – Development and execution of new shops and guest experiences
- Finance – Shop financials management, budgets, and reporting
- Retail Training – Perfection in the deployment and adoption of initiatives and processes
- Head of Retail and Field Leadership - Identify needs of the business and develop tools and processes for shops
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Minimum 5+ years of operations and analysis, preferably in a high growth, multi-channel retail environment with a global presence
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills to produce exceptional shop processes
- Advanced user capabilities with MS Office tools, particularly Excel
- Clear understanding of end user experience when designing programs
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to engage with stakeholders across multiple levels of the company and shift communication styles accordingly.
- Strong analytical aptitude with the ability to navigate large data sets and convey analysis in a clear and concise manner appropriate for the audience.
- Understanding of retail KPIs and levers
- Analytical problem solving skills to deal with complex issues that require in-depth evaluation
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility Ability to see the bigger picture and need with a passion for getting to the root cause
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Ability to maintain composure and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize demands and manage expectations
- A creative thinker and self starter that can produce new ideas and concepts as needed for the business
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Ability to handle difficult situations with confidence and attain agreement
- Encourage a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Director, Operational Solutions
Working Team: Operational Solutions Team
Works Closely with: Shops and Field Leadership, Finance, IT, Shop Development, Brand
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!