This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As the Senior Financial Analyst, Product you will report to the Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis but provide direct, and focused, support to the Head of Product with the analysis, quantification, and tracking of various product margin improvement initiatives. You will monitor the Product team’s performance against plan and forecast to a granular level, and when necessary, ensure steps are taken to bring the team back on track. You will be the first line of support for the Product team when determining a product’s initial mark-up.
You will be an operational leader for the Product team and not afraid to hold those around you accountable. This role will require you to get your hands dirty by getting into the details that will allow you to build understandable analysis models with long term value. You must be able to identify, align and engage stakeholders from the beginning and develop a measured and systematic approach to ensure delivery of accurate and actionable analysis.
You are passionate about working in a start-up environment, being hands-on, and owning any task or challenge you are assigned. You are ready to apply what you have learned to date in your career, open to learning more and ready to make your mark within a team. You are proactive, a self-starter and always focused on finding the right solution.
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- Define, model and demonstrate the behaviours that enhance engagement, build enduring relationships and represent the Kit and Ace brand at all times
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and development that embraces individuality
- An operational leader with a keen intent on driving the development of scalable tools and processes to drive strong business results
- Use analytical skills and judgement to solve problems and frequently deal with complex issues that require in-depth evaluation
- Support the definition and the monitoring of product costing performance at the key development stages by setting the framework, KPIs and communication process
- Support development and/or enhancement of systems and processes to ensure costing requirements are met and to improve costing performance
- Partner with merchandising and sourcing to create seasonal and strategic margin plans to optimize profitability and meet company goals
- Develop tools to quantify and analyze the impact of strategic design, sourcing and merchant decisions on cost and margin to inform long-term company margin forecast
- Provide scenario analysis regarding materials, component, labor, and minute rates
- Highlight risks and opportunities and partner with teams to achieve margin targets
- IMU analysis and reporting throughout product design, buying and selling
- Create and communicate detailed, style-level reports to global merchants, regional buyers and sourcing managers
- Create high level summary of results, risks and opportunities for Sr. Product leaders
- Create and conduct advanced analytics to determine the impact of volume, mix, price and cost on actual results vs. plan
- Oversee the automation and improvement of existing margin and new reports. Focus on enhanced simplicity, clarity, and flexibility to drive the ease of analysis and subsequent decision making
- Quarterly and monthly forecasting of global product costs by country and channel
- Quarterly and monthly forecast to actual variance analysis of global product costs
- Ad hoc margin and costing analysis as required
- Monitor the department’s performance against budget and forecast
- Build and maintain the department’s management reports – i.e., KPIs, dashboards and periodic reports
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Designated as a CPA
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive financial, planning and analysis focused on product/merchandise, in a high growth, multi-channel retail environment with a global presence
- Strong understanding of the components affecting margin and landed cost, and how mix, sourcing, pricing and other decisions affect overall profitability.
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Ability to engage and interact with multiple stakeholders across multiple levels of the company is key
- Strong, confident personality who is not afraid to hold team members accountable, and knows when it’s appropriate to push back and challenge direction and/or decisions
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain composure and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Superior communication skills, solid problem solving skills and an ability to prioritize demands and manage expectations.
- A creative thinker that can produce new ideas and concepts
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and take initiative
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Ability to handle difficult situations with confidence and attain agreement
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Encourage a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
Working Team: Finance Team
Works Closely with: All business departments
Key Stakeholder: All business departments
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!