This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
Community Leads (CL) is a 18–month contract role appointed out of a showroom team within the following 2017 Key Regions – Vancouver, Toronto, NY, Washington, LA and San Francisco. There will be one Community Lead per region; regions subject to change on a year-to-year basis.
Community Leads will report in to the Showroom Director of the showroom that they are based in, with a dotted line to the Community Manager at HQ. Their role will focus on the following responsibilities, for the duration of the 18–month contract. The expectation is that Community Leads work out of their home showroom for 20 hours a week as an Educator on the floor and activating the community portion of the role for the other 20 hours a week.
The intention is to elevate community programming at a regional level and to be a true Ambassador of the brand – connecting and building a strong network in these cities. Within their region, they bring community to life and embody the Undercover Athlete lifestyle and values.
20 hours per week allocated to Community Lead - Dotted Line to the Community Manager
REGIONAL COMMUNITY INITIATIVES – 12 hours
- 2 regional community initiatives per quarter, all which stem from quarterly global theme(s) from Global Brand at HQ
- Productivity Metrics:
- One related to Mindfulness
- One that ties regional community together, often directed by HQ
- Delivers at least 2 pieces of regional content for Social, The Ante and PR per month (1/each) based on Key Region community initiatives
REGIONAL COMMUNITY RELATIONSHIPS – 8 hours
- 5 hours dedicated to Undercover Athlete relationships a week
- Productivity Metrics:
- Key Region community list grows by 50 guests per quarter and is filtered up to Community Manager.
- 10 maven meetings per month (30 per quarter)
- 10 pieces of product gifted per month (30 per quarter)
- 3 hours per week dedicated to community communication
- Communicates with Community Manager at HQ:
- Includes bi-weekly 1:1’s with Community Manager to share insight about the region and updates on planning of initiatives
- Communicates quarterly regional community plan to Community Manager and identifies the KPI’s for those initiatives, which directly tie into business priorities for that region
- (i.e. If a key region showroom is needing to increase sales, the Community Lead’s quarterly initiatives should be able to identify how it will support in driving that)
- Share insight on community maven meetings and potential strategic partnership opportunities
- Joins and contributes on monthly regional community lead call hosted by the CM
- Communicates with community showroom teams in the key region:
- Hosts monthly regional community calls with surrounding showroom community teams, with a goal of being inspirational, empowering, supportive and connecting
- Secondary goal of being sharing best practices and receiving feedback to improve programming
- Communicates with the District Director:
- Joins in on SD Weekly’s with the District Director to share Key Region community updates
- Provides insight from the regional community call around regional community initiatives, possible opportunities and best practices executed in the key regions
- Communicates with the Community Coordinator at HQ:
- Coordination of product seeding
20 hours per week allocated to Showroom floor – Directly reports in to the Showroom Director
- Leads by example in on-floor education and providing a world class guest experience
- Successfully communicates special features, benefits, fabric properties, usage, and best care instructions
- Contributes to the achievement of daily showrooms sales targets
- Actively maintains showroom appearance, keeping merchandise stocked and organized, while ensuring that the showroom is clean and well presented
- Receives and processes stock from warehouse (boxes can weigh 10–30 lbs) which includes; unpacking, counting, tagging as required, folding, sizing and placing on the floor, with re-stocking and pricing duties, including sale preparation as required
- Ensures items from change rooms are returned to appropriate area – sized and tagged
- Prepares merchandise for tailoring/alteration as may be required, by completing necessary documentation
- Completes assigned clean-up duty
- Participates in staff training and showroom events as scheduled
- Utilizes the Point of Sale system, processes payments, refunds and exchanges and issues gift cards
- Models the company culture, and exemplifies our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- Define, model and demonstrate the behaviours that enhance engagement, build enduring relationships and represent the Kit and Ace brand at all times
All other tasks as reasonably directed.
KEY INTERNAL BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS
- Community Manager at HQ
- Community Coordinator at HQ (facilitates product seeding)
- District Director
- Fellow Community Leads
- Key Region Showroom Directors and Community JSD’s
COMPETENCIES AND KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Smart, intelligent, fun, goal orientated, and driven by integrity.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Well- connected and have strong networking skills.
- Results-oriented and process-driven, with high expectations of self and team.
- Well-developed prioritization and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult programs with effective solutions
- Uses his or her time effectively and efficiently; gets more done in less time than others and can attend to a broader range of activities
- Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings
- Solutions focused
- Lead, inspire, empower, and motivating others.
- Anticipate risk and opportunities.
- Embrace ambiguity and champion solutions.
- Encourage an open, honest and positive team environment.
Reports to: Showroom Director
Working Team: Retail
Works closely with: Brand
Type: Full-time, contract
Compensation: Lets talk!
Location: Vancouver, Toronto, NY, Washington, LA or San Francisco.
At Kit and Ace, our culture of integrity and execution is paramount. We expect all of our employees to uphold our culture, vision and mission in every aspect of their roles.
Please acknowledge your acceptance and understanding of the requirements of this role as outlined above.
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.