We are Kit and Ace, and we make Technical Luxury™ – clothing that has all the quality of luxury clothing, paired with the functionality of performance wear. Founded in Vancouver, BC, we have shops worldwide, and more opening all the time. Change is constant around here. We are always innovating. Our shops will evolve, our locations will change, our product line will progress and in 100 years we could be doing anything.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, accountability, transparency and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of creative leadership. We make more than just Technical Cashmere™ and the perfect t-shirt – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As the Copy and Content Creator, Product, you are responsible for creating product copy for Kit and Ace’s guest-facing marketing channels: email, digital marketing assets, windows, dotcom, look books, social media and global market campaigns.
You will translate your expert knowledge of Kit and Ace product into compelling narratives that showcase technical and performance features. In addition, you will coordinate seasonal product written assets for men’s, women’s, accessories, lifestyle and foundations lines to be used in product communications both internally and externally.
The person best suited for this role is creative, resourceful, highly flexible. extremely organized and has a strong sense of retail and fashion language and who thrives working cross-functionally. As Copy Creator, you will support many different parts of the business and you are comfortable writing both creative and functional copy.
- Partner closely with the showrooms, product design, copy and content teams to deliver multi-channel stories that highlight and speak to our product
- Working collaboratively with the Brand Creative team to conceptualize, write and deliver weekly email campaigns speaking to our product and the Kit and Ace lifestyle
- Write on-brand and consistent copy for the online experience through our homepage, category pages and online product description pages
- Create copy for our digital media ad buys
- Support the copy and content team, including ideation, story ideas and editorial for The Ante and HQ content requirements
- Develop season window copy for our international shops
- Working with the social media lead to create copy for our social channels that underscore our product and Kit and Ace lifestyle
- Assist on creating campaign and seasonal copy with the brand creative team
- Coordinating the seasonal go-to-market calendar with the Product Experience and the Copy and Content teams to delivered on-brand assets with a 360˙ point of view
- Maintain deadlines and negotiate alternative plans as needed
- Organize and maintain the product copy calendar and by whens
- Coordinating all assets and information needed for seasonal product communication
- When needed, support the product copy team with producing on-brand copy in PDPs, product knowledge guides, hangtags, product naming and other production copy related assets
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a relentless learner
- Very comfortable giving and receiving feedback on creative
- Very organized
- A sharp understanding of apparel and design – you know how to talk about clothes and how they’re made
- A keen eye – you notice the smallest details that others would miss
- Editing experience – you know where a period should go and where a comma is best
- Expert storyteller – your imagination can turn a t-shirt into a page turner
- A relentless imagination – you are able to bring a product to life from a simple line drawing
- You can adapt easily to change and move between projects with ease
- Proven ability to work with a cross-functional team and collaborate
- Excellent sense of style, color and fashion trends
- Experience working in CMS platforms is an asset
- Very comfortable managing excel spreadsheets and information databases
- Highly organized and confident in procuring and organizing data
- Confident coordinating asset production across multiple seasons
- Excellent understanding of product, design and fashion language
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and take initiative
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Senior Content Strategist and Creative Director
Working Team: Brand Team
Works Closely with: All other departments
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!