We are Kit and Ace. We make Technical Apparel for your everyday life by applying the best practices of athletic design to clothing you want to wear all day.
We created Kit and Ace for people like us – people who love to move and understand how technical clothing should perform, people who are spoiled by the comfort and movement of athletic apparel, but want to leave gym clothes at the gym. In our world, functionality, beauty and style live together.
Our concentration on transformational development lives in how we design our product and especially in how we develop our people. We want to develop the leaders of tomorrow by pushing the boundaries of what we thought we were capable of. We are working on something bigger than ourselves. We focus on creating products and experiences that keep us moving forward so we can each make the most of our days.
Still reading? Good. Let’s create some big things together.
As Showroom Director, you will be responsible for all aspects of the shop in your respective market, and treat it as if it were your own. In this dynamic role, you will create exceptional brand experiences and develop a world-class team of leaders. You are essential in running an entrepreneurial business that anchors the brand in market.
- Be a strategic and entrepreneurial leader by identifying problems, seeking solutions, and outlining key company objectives
- Develop innovative strategies that deliver on the company sales and profit objectives, directing strategies towards guest experience, profitable and sustainable growth, and shop operational excellence
- Provide the greatest impact to the shop by coaching, developing and leading by example spending 70% of your time on the shop floor
- Provide direction to employees based on established policies and management guidelines
- Responsible for managing a shop budget and labour costs to ensure the running of a profitable business
- Understand the importance of continuously creating and unexpected
- Hire and develop an exceptional team that can drive strategy and produce results
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Allocate 30% of your time to lead, develop, coach and guide your team in establishing goals and developing their competencies that drive performance
- Own the strategy and development of high performing team members, and up and coming leaders
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- 2+ years of management experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated success and management experience in inspiring and leading transparent, positive team environments in past roles
- Demonstrated success in management of budgets, conversion, UPT, SPT in past roles
- Entrepreneurial, egoless, adaptable, open to possibility and personal development
- Guest centric with the desire to shine in a fast paced, highly flexible retail environment
- An exceptional communicator with the ability to effectively communicate and receive feedback in the moment
- A true relationship builder in the city and neighbourhood in which the business resides
- Results-oriented and process driven, accountable with high expectations of self and team
- Support in additional duties as directed by the Director of Retail & Training
- Addicted to movement and activity, living a full-contact life
Reports to: Director of Retail & Training
Working Team: Showroom Team
Works Closely with: All other business departments
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please describe how you move in your city, outline a one-year goal you are working towards and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!