The drum that beats in all of us at Kit and Ace, the beat that brought us together and drives us forward, is Optimism. This beat inspires our clothing, our retail experiences, and our community partnerships — it is the heart & soul of our Culture. Simply put, Kit and Ace is committed to creating exciting new products that are Smart, Easy to Love, and Built to Last, and to bring to life ideas that make everyday brighter (maybe even awesome).
If you like the sounds of this, we’d love to meet you.
We are looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial Social Media Content Specialist , to join our high-performing Brand Team and build a community of like-minded Optimists. Reporting to the Brand Manager, the Social Media Content Specialist is a subject matter expert who will be creating engaging and inspiring content to increase brand awareness, attracting new guests and connecting further with our existing community. We have lots we want to say!
As the Social Media Content Specialist, you will be responsible for the creation, coordination and organization of the social content gathering process and calendar, using existing brand assets/photography coupled with original social driven content.
You will play a key role in rolling out social community campaigns, building a digital community, influencer outreach, original content creation and regular social reporting. You will work closely with our copy, visuals, product, community and shop team to support our brand social initiatives and maintain a consistent brand aesthetic and voice across all channels.
You will also be responsible for playing an active role in monitoring social media trends and experimenting with new content creation, aligned with our marketing calendar. This involves proposing, building and executing on original ideas.
- Own the buildout of our social channel content strategy, presence and content production
- Create original branded content from conception to capture and execution
- Work with visuals, copy and shop team members to coordinate collection of social assets, and create and schedule social media posts
- Play a key role in our influencer outreach campaigns, sourcing and building brand relationships with ambassadors in our target markets
- Produce regular social media reporting, with regards to top performing content pieces and KPIs including followers, engagement, and traffic
- Assist with administrative/organizational functions including managing content calendars and ordering supplies/products for social media shoots
- Bring a strong creative eye, with ability to photograph or film original content to brand standards
- Flexible and like to have FUN
- Community driven!
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal-oriented, and driven by integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Self-starting and active on social platforms to monitor social environment and trends
- Very creative with ability to photograph or film original content with access to photography studio
- Strong communication skills; building relationships in virtual space comes naturally
- Strong writing experience, ideally in a marketing or community role
- Interest in fashion and the arts, with a strong visual eye
- Ability to contribute creatively during concept meetings and propose original ideas / concepts
- Highly organized and efficient
- Confident, flexible, energetic and hard-working
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- 3+ years experience in a Social Media Coordinator role, marketing, or public relations role
- Diploma / Certificate / Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Graphic design experience is a plus
- Autonomous, proactive, with the ability to take initiative