This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As the Payroll Specialist for this fast-growing retail start-up, you will be responsible for the end-to-end processing of our payroll and benefits, in addition to managing payroll-related accounts and reports for Kit and Ace. While this position reports into the Finance Team, you will work closely with the HR team as required.
The initial focus of this role will be the implementation of a payroll services provider and development of policies and procedures that will provide Kit and Ace with a solid foundation to build on. You have a strong understanding of how to set up payroll and benefit programs across North America. In addition to ensuring our employees are paid timely and accurately, you will also be responsible for providing accurate reporting and reconciliation of payroll-related accounts on a monthly basis.
Payroll Specialist Duties
- End-to-end processing of bi-weekly payroll for our salaried and hourly employees, including data input, payroll calculations and transmission of payroll to/from payroll administrator
- Assist in the implementation of payroll processing in new territories as required
- Assist in the selection and implementation of new employee benefits plans for North America, Europe and Asia
- Calculation and payment of commissions, benefits, vacation, terminations and leave payments
- Prepare payroll and disbursement records, reports and files
- Update and maintain employee payroll records for our global locations
- Ensure all legislative requirements regarding tax withholding, remittance and income reporting have been met and are filed and paid on a timely basis.
- Remain up to date and knowledgeable on Canadian, US and International payroll rules and regulations
- Liaise with staff, management, and external agencies on payroll related inquiries
- Contribute to continuous improvement on payroll processes and procedures
- Assist and cross train on other duties and projects as required
Payroll Accountant Duties
- Prepare accounting payroll entries for review by the Controller, including vacation accruals, benefits expense, hourly and salaried wages, etc.
- Day-to-day maintenance and month-end reconciliations of payroll related G/L accounts
- Analyze and investigate variances in payroll related G/L accounts and assist with compensation analyses
- Prepare ad-hoc compensation reports as required
- Assist external auditors as part of our year-end audit by preparing working paper files that support the financial statements and responding to inquiries
- Assist and cross train on other duties and projects as required.
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive payroll & benefits experience, preferably in a high growth, multi-channel retail environment with a global presence
- Accounting designation preferred
- Experience and knowledge of US multistate payroll
- Canadian Payroll Association PCP certification is an asset
- Prior experience and proven success with ADP implementation
- Extensive knowledge of payroll principles and legislation in North America.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain composure and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Superior communication skills, solid problem solving skills and an ability to prioritize demands and manage expectations.
- A creative thinker that can produce new ideas and concepts
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and take initiative
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
|Reports to:||Payroll Manager|
|Working Team:||Finance Team|
|Works Closely with:||Human Resources and all other business departments|
|Type;||Permanent, full-time position|
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!