We are Kit and Ace. We make Technical Apparel for your everyday life by applying the best practices of athletic design to clothing you want to wear all day.
We created Kit and Ace for people like us – people who love to move and understand how technical clothing should perform, people who are spoiled by the comfort and movement of athletic apparel but want to leave gym clothes at the gym. In our world, functionality, beauty and style live together.
Still reading? Good. Let’s create some big things together.
As the Brand Creative Director you will be responsible for managing Kit and Ace’s creative operations and representation of the brand. As a strategic leader you will utilize creative and analytical capabilities to drive brand awareness, traffic, and sales across our channels. You have a keen eye for developing beautiful visuals and can motivate and bring out the best in a creative team.
- Allocate 30% of your time to lead, develop and coach your team in developing competencies that drive performance
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- Lead the conceptualization of brand experiences that create conversation and drive awareness
- Develop Kit and Ace brand personality and visual representation, including photography and graphic design
- Produce inspired brand materials, directing layout, design and copywriting
- Ensure brand consistency in all communications and campaigns (online, social, in-shop)
- Oversee art direction and production of e-commerce and campaign shoots - source freelancers, negotiate rates and develop ongoing relationships
- Ensure quality controls in place for final creative designs, working closely with senior management
- Collaborate with product to ensure creative ideas are 100% in sync with objectives
- Oversee and manage simultaneous projects from conception to completion, meeting all deadlines
- Identify clear brand performance indicators, hold team accountable to results, and adjust tactics to optimize business performance
- Accountable for brand budget, calendar and overall performance
- Be a strategic leader by identifying problems and seeking solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing
- 5+ years of experience in designing and developing creative content
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent creative and conceptualization skills with a strong eye for style
- Comprehensive knowledge of the brand design process
- Adaptability and willingness to wear multiple hats in a small team environment
- Strong computer skills, Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Experience working with external vendors and agencies
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional team and collaborate
- Experience working in a brand team for a retail or service company an asset
- Ability to work under the pressure of time constraints and thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment, able to receive and communicate feedback
- Flexible and like to have FUN