We are Kit and Ace. We make Technical Apparel for your everyday life by applying the best practices of athletic design to clothing you want to wear all day.
We created Kit and Ace for people like us – people who love to move and understand how technical clothing should perform, people who are spoiled by the comfort and movement of athletic apparel, but want to leave gym clothes at the gym. In our world, functionality, beauty and style live together.
Still reading? Good. Let’s create some big things together.
We are looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial Buying and Inventory Manager, to join our high-performing Product Team in our Vancouver office. You will identify business opportunities and risks to sales and margin through analysis of sales trends, gross margin, inventory and open-to-buy levels. As an integral member of the Product Team, you will report to the Director of Product, and work closely with Design, Retail and Ecommerce teams to ensure the brand and merchandising objectives of Kit & Ace are met.
- Generates business analysis and tools to track sales performance and inventory levels at channel, shop, category and size level
- Identifies key trends and maximizes opportunities to achieve continued growth and profitability (product flow, pricing, cancelation, re-order, exit strategies)
- Summarizes in-season learnings to optimize future-season merchandising strategies and line plans
- Ensures execution of Design, Merchandising and Financial plans within Seasonal Buy Plans
- Owns budget review process through Open-to-Buy model
- Regularly visits Shops to be in relationship with operations, gather feedback and ensure execution of Merchandising and Brand strategies
- Ensures right product, right place through optimizing Allocations strategies (product flow, capacity planning, consolidations) with support of an Allocations Analyst
- Manages gates and deadlines as it relates to the Commercialization Calendar
- Give product feedback during design & colour reviews to ensure sales targets can be achieved
- Identify and highlight key trends in the marketplace
- 5+ years of experience in a Merchandise Planning or Buying role
- Mastery of retail mathematics and Open-to-Buy with strong analytical skills to both create and evaluate forecasts, metrics and large data sets
- Advanced Excel skills
- Willingness to learn various ERP systems and is not dependent upon others for systems-related tasks
- Excellent sense of style, colour and fashion trends
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Thinks creatively to produce new ideas, concepts, and solve problems
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and take initiative
- Open to possibility and personal development
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback in the moment