We are Kit and Ace. We make Technical Apparel for your everyday life by applying the best practices of athletic design to clothing you want to wear all day.
We created Kit and Ace for people like us – people who love to move and understand how technical clothing should perform, people who are spoiled by the comfort and movement of athletic apparel, but want to leave gym clothes at the gym. In our world, functionality, beauty and style live together.
Our concentration on transformational development lives in how we design our product and especially in how we develop our people. We want to develop the leaders of tomorrow by pushing the boundaries of what we thought we were capable of. We are working on something bigger than ourselves. We focus on creating products and experiences that keep us moving forward so we can each make the most of our days.
Still reading? Good. Let’s create some big things together.
As The Junior Showroom Director, you will be responsible for certain aspects of the business as assigned by The Showroom Director. You are accountable for all the store operations and functions when The Showroom Director is absent and treat the showroom as if it were your own. The Junior Showroom Director coaches and mentors the team in leading lives of their own design and creating exceptional experiences inside and outside of the showroom. You will lead through creativity, entrepreneurship and authentic relationship building, and both embody and reflect the Kit & Ace brand and culture. You will have a strong understanding of all aspects of the business and are well connected to the showrooms offline and online social network.
- Allocate 30% of your time to lead, develop, coach and guide your team in establishing goals and developing their competencies that drive performance
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- Define, model and demonstrate the behaviors that enhance engagement, build enduring relationships and represent the Kit and Ace brand at all times
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and development that embraces individuality
- Assist The Showroom Director in developing innovative strategies that support business, brand, culture and people growth that result in driving top line sales
- Understand the importance of customer experience and continuously creates an unexpected and noteworthy experience
- Support and build successful teams through clear, effective communication and development tools
- You are The Showroom Directors “partner in crime” in all areas of the business and potential successor to The Showroom Director
- You support The Showroom Director in key areas of the business consisting of, but not exclusive to, P&L ownership via expense and people management, and quarterly sales plans
- Responsible for identifying and developing your own successor
- Actively build relationships within the cities social network via social programs, supper clubs, key relationships, showroom events, etc.
- Assist in the hire and development of an exceptional team that is able to drive strategy and produce results
- Capable of working in a fast paced and highly flexible environment
- 1-2 years of management experience in a fast paced environment
- An undergraduate business related degree or diploma
- An emerging leader with documented success in leading projects and teams
- You are a visionary and have the ability to see the big picture
- Creative, adaptable, entrepreneurial and driven by integrity
- An exceptional communicator, both internal and external
- A relationship builder in the city and neighbourhood - a true connector - out and about building key relationships
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Support in additional duties as directed by The Showroom Director