We are Kit and Ace. We make Technical Apparel for your everyday life by applying the best practices of athletic design to clothing you want to wear all day.
We created Kit and Ace for people like us – people who love to move and understand how technical clothing should perform, people who are spoiled by the comfort and movement of athletic apparel, but want to leave gym clothes at the gym. In our world, functionality, beauty and style live together.
Still reading? Good. Let’s create some big things together.
We are looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial Designer Designer to join our high-performing Product Team in our head office. You will be responsible for creating thoughtful functional solutions that take our product to the next level. You will work closely with the Director of Product to understand the company’s brand and merchandising objectives, and partner with Technical Development, Quality and Sourcing to commercialize the seasonal product line.
- Sketch and design apparel based on specific information (theme, key trends, iterations of bestselling designs)
- Research and present design insights and inspiration, with a focus on function
- Organize product testing and collect feedback from shops and guests
- Responsible for Why We Made This (WWMT) information accuracy and communication to Brand, Retail and Ecommerce
- Own the Bill of Materials (BOM) by style from initial skeleton creation to finalization for buy ready deadline
- Partner with Direct of Product on seasonal colour palette, and own style-level colour-ups
- Manages gates and deadlines as it relates to the Commercialization Calendar
- 5+ years of design experience in the apparel industry
- Knowledgeable of high quality garment construction, fit, textiles and factory production methods
- Advanced ability with Adobe Suite (Illustrator) software
- Excellent sense of style, colour and fashion trends
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Thinks creatively to produce new ideas, concepts, and solve problems
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and take initiative
- Open to possibility and personal development
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback in the moment