We are Kit and Ace. We make Technical Apparel for your everyday life by applying the best practices of athletic design to clothing you want to wear all day.
We created Kit and Ace for people like us – people who love to move and understand how technical clothing should perform, people who are spoiled by the comfort and movement of athletic apparel, but want to leave gym clothes at the gym. In our world, functionality, beauty and style live together.
Our concentration on transformational development lives in how we design our product and especially in how we develop our people. We want to develop the leaders of tomorrow by pushing the boundaries of what we thought we were capable of. We are working on something bigger than ourselves. We focus on creating products and experiences that keep us moving forward so we can each make the most of our days.
Still reading? Good. Let’s create some big things together.
As the HR Generalist, you will be the face of HR, supporting our busy and fast paced business. Reporting into the Director of Finance, you will support, facilitate, and lead a wide range of people programs, working at both a strategic and operational level as you drive seamless execution of processes and systems to maximize operational effectiveness.
This standalone position is considered to be a Cultural Leadership Role and will help design, implement, and manage the corporate culture of the Kit and Ace.
- Provide human resources consultation and direction on key people issues such as workforce planning, talent management, performance management, succession planning, employee retention and engagement, conflict resolution, employee relations, benefits and compensation management, and compliance to all applicable legislation and regulations for the regions in which operate
- Support all levels of management on performance and employee relations issues, and provide coaching and guidance that ensures the effective implementation of a robust performance review process and the identification and development of key talent within the business
- Facilitate on-boarding and orientation for all head office (SST) new hires Prepares, executes, and owns the full process of employee documentation throughout their life cycle, from beginning to end of the employment relationship
- Maintains all employee files and enters new hires into our HRIS, and follow up on any missing documentation, ensuring completeness and accuracy of information
- Reconcile HRIS and staffing plan data used for financial forecasting Lead and manage Kit and Ace’s group benefits program; conduct regular reviews and appropriate plan monitoring to ensure that plans meet all compliance requirements while maintaining sustainability and promoting user engagement
- Provides assistance to employees on a number of HR issues including HR policies, vacation and benefits programs, and process flow for new hires, transfers and employment status changes
- Acts as the super user for ADP WFN providing hands on support and troubleshooting as required
- Prepares, analyzes and organizes HR reports (i.e. Headcount, vacation, training, turnover, exit interviews etc.), and prepares HR metrics and presentation slides as requested
- Provides high quality administrative support including preparation of company-wide HR communication of new programs, announcements, and document distributions
- Provides administrative recruitment support which includes interview bookings, interview preparation and reference checks
- Assists with formatting and posting job descriptions onto the company HireMe website and external websites
- Provide administrative assistant and/or project support for other companywide People initiatives as needed
- You are aligned with our company core values, vision and mission
- Minimum 4-5 years HR Business Partner or Generalist experience within Canada and ideally within a retail environment
- In-depth knowledge of employment law and compliance issues within Canada
- Comprehensive knowledge within the Canadian benefits landscape, demonstrated ability to provide leadership, guidance and act as a subject matter expert on all benefits related inquires
- CHRP certification or hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or Human Resources
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain composure and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Superior communication skills, solid problem-solving skills and an ability to prioritize demands and manage expectations Results-oriented and process-
- driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback, and encourage an open, honest and positive team environment
- Entrepreneurial, egoless, adaptable, open to possibility and personal development
- Addicted to movement and activity, living a full-contact life