We are Kit and Ace. We make Technical Apparel for your everyday life by applying the best practices of athletic design to clothing you want to wear all day.
We created Kit and Ace for people like us – people who love to move and understand how technical clothing should perform, people who are spoiled by the comfort and movement of athletic apparel, but want to leave gym clothes at the gym. In our world, functionality, beauty and style live together.
Our concentration on transformational development lives in how we design our product and especially in how we develop our people. We want to develop the leaders of tomorrow by pushing the boundaries of what we thought we were capable of. We are working on something bigger than ourselves. We focus on creating products and experiences that keep us moving forward so we can each make the most of our days.
Still reading? Good. Let’s create some big things together.
As The Sorry Coffee Director, you will be responsible for all aspects of the shop and brand, and treat it as if it were your own. In this dynamic role you will support establishing the brand in market, creating exceptional brand and guest experiences and developing and world-class team of leaders. You are essential in shaping the brand character of Sorry Coffee Co., as well as for running an entrepreneurial business that anchors the brand in market.
- Run an entrepreneurial Coffee Shop business that enriches the Kit and Ace experience
- Develop innovative strategies that support the business, brand, culture and people growth that result in driving top line sales and a world-class experience within the coffee shop
- Understand the importance of the "guest" experience and continuously create an unexpected and noteworthy experience ensuring customer satisfaction, product quality and safety
- Recruit, hire, train and develop an exceptional team that is able to produce results
- Manage the daily as well as long term needs of the business
- Work alongside SST to source and procure equipment for coffee shop
- Develop training on all elements of the coffee shop including, but not limited to:
- All levels of staff training and development
- Work with partners on sourcing and developing all branded coffee shop elements
- Daily management including supervising, directing, delegating, and developing staff
- Daily operations including:
- Financial reporting
- Coordinating maintenance and upkeep of equipment Build authentic relationships and connections with all customers
- Partner with the Bloor Showroom Director on in-store events
- Be well versed in all things Kit & Ace
- Brand knowledge
- Product knowledge
- Allocate 30% of your time to lead, develop, coach and guide your team in establishing goals and developing competencies that drive performance
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and development that embraces individuality
- 1-2 years of coffee management experience in a fast paced environment
- An undergraduate business related degree or diploma
- An emerging leader with documented success in leading projects and teams
- You are a visionary and have the ability to see the big picture
- Creative, adaptable, entrepreneurial and driven by integrity
- An exceptional communicator, both internal and external
- A relationship builder in the city and neighbourhood - a true connector - out and about building key relationships
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Support in additional duties as directed by The Showroom Director