We are Kit and Ace, and we make Technical Luxury™ – clothing that has all the quality of luxury clothing, paired with the functionality of performance wear. Founded in Vancouver, BC, we have shops worldwide, and more opening all the time. Change is constant around here. We are always innovating. Our shops will evolve, our locations will change, our product line will progress and in 100 years we could be doing anything.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, accountability, transparency and continuous development.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
We are looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial Merchandise Planner to join our high-performing Product Management Team. You will support our apparel merchandising teams - operating retail and ecommerce platforms in North America, Australia, and the UK - by managing and planning inventory levels across multiple apparel categories to drive sales growth and profitability. Reporting to the Senior Buyer, you will be responsible with the development of Global merchandise financial projections, strategies, and, in partnership with the Buying and Allocations teams, identify risks and opportunities to maximize opportunities. This is a highly cross-functional role requiring proactive communication and collaboration with Finance, Shop Operations, and Production. The right candidate thrives in a fast-paced work environment, loves data/analysis and communicating big-picture concepts to drive change.
- Pre and In-Season planning and analysis of historical data.
- Develop and provide appropriate business analysis to guide future purchases and merchandising strategies.
- Manage and maintain a global 18-month rolling sales and inventory forecasts (OTB)
- Forecast, review, and provide inventory purchase recommendations to support optimal inventory flow and productivity.
- Proactively identify potential inventory liabilities/imbalances and recommend exit strategies to achieve the desired level.
- Generates business analysis and tools to track sales performance and inventory levels at the region, channel and department level.
- Forecast and recommend purchase quantities for carryover/key styles.
- Participate as an integral partner with your Buying and Allocations counterparts to drive the financial, brand and merchandising objectives of Kit and Ace
- Work closely with Production and International Buying team to consolidate global purchase plans and monitor global and regional margins
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and take initiative
- BA or BS degree with 2 - 4 years’ experience within an Inventory Analyst/ Planning role
- Vertical retail apparel experience within a fast-paced environment
- Experience with ERP systems (i.e. Netsuite)
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with Planning/OTB management tools
- Experience with multiple channels and international markets – including reverse season markets, i.e. Australia and New Zealand
- Mastery of retail mathematics and Open to Buy with strong analytical skills to both create and evaluate forecasts, metrics and large data sets
- Proactively takes action/initiative with a cross-functional team
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Thinks creatively to produce new ideas, concepts, and solve problems
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Encourage a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Senior Buyer
Working Team: Product Management
Works Closely with: Buying, Allocations, Finance, Production
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!