This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As Web Developer you will be responsible for carrying out the technical design, development and deployment of client-side technologies, while ensuring that projects are completed to a high standard and on time.
- Develop consumer based features/applications that will excite and please a user base of millions
- Responsible for end-to-end delivery, including schedule, implementation, development testing, defect investigation and resolution
- Propose solutions/improvements based on latest industry innovation and trends
- Provide technical input into product roadmaps, negotiating compromises between business and technical constraints
- Promote best practices (including peer reviews & building for testability)
- Identify and assist in mitigating technical, schedule, and other project risks
- Proactively collaborate with teammates and communicate with project stakeholders to ensure project efforts proceed efficiently and predictably.
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Degree or diploma in a relevant field or equivalent real world experience
- At least 3+ years front end development experience. Thorough knowledge of W3C Compliant HTML & CSS (including CSS3 and HTML5)
- Hybris experience an asset
- Understanding of Sequel
- Firm understanding of progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
- Knowledge of image optimization and experience with Photoshop
- Must have firm understanding of responsive design techniques including mobile & tablet design and implementation
- Experience and understanding of SEO best practices, CMS, E-commerce (Hybris/Demandware/Netsuite/Shopify) and social media integration is an asset
- Must have knowledge of agile development techniques
- Be a technical innovator - able to identify, understand and implement viable new technologies
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and emerging technologies within the industry
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: IT Development Manager
Working Team: IT Team
Works Closely with: All other business departments
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!