Educator - Toronto
The drum that beats in all of us at Kit and Ace, the beat that brought us together and drives us forward, is Optimism. This beat inspires our clothing, our retail experiences, and our community partnerships — it is the heart & soul of our Culture. Simply put, Kit and Ace is committed to creating exciting new products that are Smart, Easy to Love, and Built to Last, and to bring to life ideas that make everyday brighter (maybe even awesome).
If you like the sounds of this, we’d love to meet you!
As an Educator you are responsible to provide our guests with a world-class experience in the areas of product and culture. You are able to speak authentically about who we are, and how to use our product. You love design. You value integrity. You don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Create exceptional customer service experience by educating guests about our culture, brand and product
- Successfully communicate special features, benefits, fabric properties, usage, and best care instructions
- Contribute to the achievement of daily shop sales targets
- Prepare the store for success: replenish garment styles, fold, size, merch and dress mannequins
- Actively maintain shop appearance, keeping merchandise stocked and organized, while ensuring that the showroom is clean and well presented
- Maintain knowledge of in-shop stock availability on the sales floor and in backrooms
- Receives and processes stock from warehouse (Boxes can weigh 10 - 30 lbs) which includes; unpacking, counting, tagging as required, folding, sizing and placing on the floor, with overflow stock in back room and assigned storage areas
- Assist with re-stocking and pricing duties, including sale and holiday preparation as required
- Maintain, clean and run fitting rooms, return product to appropriate area
- Prepares merchandise for tailoring/alteration as may be required, by completing necessary documentation
- Completes assigned clean-up duty
- Utilizes the Point of Sale system accurately, processes payments, refunds and exchanges and issues gift cards
- Participate in staff training and shop events as scheduled
- Support in additional duties as directed by management team
- Previous retail experience preferred
- Passion to deliver premier customer service
- Driven to exceed customer’s expectations
- Optimistic, passionate, friendly and authentic
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and is comfortable working in a team focused environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – perceptive to customer needs
- Second language skills is an asset
- Capable of handling difficult customer facing conversations and interactions
- Honest and positive, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Work a flexible schedule that will include weekends, evenings, holidays, and special events
Reports to: Shop Director
Working Team: ShopTeam
Works Closely with: Retail Operations, Information Technology (shipping systems) and Brand
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please describe how optimism shows up for you, outline a one-year goal you are working towards and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!