Human Resources Business Partner/ Office Services
The drum that beats in all of us at Kit and Ace, the beat that brought us together and drives us forward, is Optimism. This beat inspires our clothing, our retail experiences, and our community partnerships — it is the heart & soul of our Culture. Simply put, Kit and Ace is committed to creating exciting new products that are Smart, Easy to Love, and Built to Last, and to bring to life ideas that make everyday brighter (maybe even awesome).
If you like the sounds of this, we’d love to meet you.
As the HR Business Partner, you will be the face of HR, supporting our busy and fast paced business. Reporting into the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer, you will support, facilitate, and lead a wide range of people programs, working at both a strategic and operational level as you drive seamless execution of processes and systems to maximize operational effectiveness.
This standalone position is considered to be a Cultural Leadership Role and will help design, implement, and manage the corporate culture of the Kit and Ace and support with some Office Services task.
HR Business Partner Responsibilities:
- Provide human resources consultation and direction on key people issues such as workforce planning, talent management, performance management, succession planning, employee retention and engagement, conflict resolution, employee relations, benefits and compensation management, and compliance to all applicable legislation and regulations for the regions in which operate
- Support all levels of management on performance and employee relations issues, and provide coaching and guidance that ensures the effective implementation of a robust performance review process and the identification and development of key talent within the business
- Facilitate on-boarding and orientation for all head office new hires, prepares, executes, and owns the full process of employee documentation throughout their life cycle, from beginning to end of the employment relationship
- Maintains all employee files and enters new hires into our HRIS, and follow up on any missing documentation, ensuring completeness and accuracy of information
- Reconcile HRIS and staffing plan data used for financial forecasting
- Manage Kit and Ace’s group benefits program
- Provides assistance to employees on a number of HR issues including HR policies, vacation and benefits programs, and process flow for new hires, transfers and employment status changes
- Acts as the super user for WFN providing hands on support and troubleshooting as required
- Prepares, analyzes and organizes HR reports (i.e. Headcount, vacation, training, turnover, exit interviews etc.), and prepares HR metrics and presentation slides as requested
- Provides high quality administrative support including preparation of company-wide HR communication of new programs, announcements, and document distributions
- Provides administrative recruitment support which includes interview bookings, phone screens, interview preparation and reference checks
- Assists with formatting and posting job descriptions onto the company website and external websites
- Provide administrative assistant and/or project support for other companywide People initiatives as needed
Office Services Responsibilities
- Maintain office and kitchen supplies
- Complete routine walk-throughs to ensure the office is tidy
- Help coordinate and set-up lunches and meetings
- Ensure washrooms and kitchens are stocked at all times
- Update birthday calendars and work anniversary
- Be the main point of contact for office security and emergency situations
- Assist with coordinating new employees by providing office tours and fobs
- Liaise with the Health and Safety Committee on day-to-day issues related to health and safety
- Liaise custodial, facility maintenance and security
- You are aligned with our company core values, vision and mission
- Minimum 4 - 5 years HR Business Partner or Generalist experience within Canada and ideally within a retail environment
- In-depth knowledge of employment law and compliance issues within Canada
- Comprehensive knowledge within the Canadian benefits landscape, demonstrated ability to provide leadership, guidance and act as a subject matter expert on all benefits related inquires
- CPHR certification or hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or Human Resources
- Experience as a superuser of ADP WorkForce Now is an asset
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain composure and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Superior communication skills, solid problem-solving skills and an ability to prioritize demands and manage expectations
- Results-oriented and process-driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback, and encourage an open, honest and positive team environment.
- Entrepreneurial, egoless, adaptable, open to possibility and personal development
Reports to: CEO/CFO
Working Team: Finance
Works Closely with: All other business departments
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, B
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please describe how you define optimism and outline a one-year goal you are working towards and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!