Shop Director - Toronto (New Shop Opening)
The drum that beats in all of us at Kit and Ace, the beat that brought us together and drives us forward, is Optimism. This beat inspires our clothing, our retail experiences, and our community partnerships — it is the heart & soul of our Culture. Simply put, Kit and Ace is committed to creating exciting new products that are Smart, Easy to Love, and Built to Last, and to bringing to life ideas that make every day brighter (maybe even awesome).
If you like the sounds of this, we’d love to meet you.
As Shop Director, you will be responsible for all aspects of the shop in your respective market and treat it as if it were your own. In this dynamic role, you will create exceptional brand experiences and develop a world-class team of leaders. You are essential in running an entrepreneurial business that anchors the brand in the market.
- Be a strategic and entrepreneurial leader by identifying problems, seeking solutions, and outlining key company objectives
- Develop innovative strategies that deliver on the company sales and profit objectives, directing strategies towards guest experience, profitable and sustainable growth, and shop operational excellence
- Provide the greatest impact to the shop by coaching, developing and leading by example spending 70% of your time on the shop floor
- Provide direction to employees based on established policies and management guidelines
- Responsible for managing a shop budget and labour costs to ensure the running of a profitable business
- Hire and develop an exceptional team that can drive strategy and produce results
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Allocate 30% of your time to lead, develop, coach and guide your team in establishing goals and developing their competencies that drive performance
- Own the strategy and development of high-performing team members, and up and up-and-coming leaders
- Model the company culture and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- 2+ years of management experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated success and management experience in inspiring and leading transparent, positive team environments in past roles
- Demonstrated success in the management of budgets, conversion, UPT, SPT in past roles
- Entrepreneurial, egoless, adaptable, open to possibility and personal development
- Guest centric with the desire to shine in a fast-paced, highly flexible retail environment
- An exceptional communicator with the ability to effectively communicate and receive feedback at the moment
- A true relationship builder in the city and neighbourhood in which the business resides
- Results-oriented and process-driven, accountable with high expectations of self and team
- Support in additional duties as directed by the Area Manager
- Addicted to movement and activity, living a full-contact life