We are Kit and Ace. We make Technical Apparel for your everyday life by applying the best practices of athletic design to clothing you want to wear all day.
We created Kit and Ace for people like us – people who love to move and understand how technical clothing should perform, people who are spoiled by the comfort and movement of athletic apparel, but want to leave gym clothes at the gym. In our world, functionality, beauty and style live together.
Our concentration on transformational development lives in how we design our product and especially in how we develop our people. We want to develop the leaders of tomorrow by pushing the boundaries of what we thought we were capable of. We are working on something bigger than ourselves. We focus on creating products and experiences that keep us moving forward so we can each make the most of our days.
Still reading? Good. Let’s create some big things together.
As the Senior Designer, Men’s you will oversee the design of men’s apparel from concept to creation. You will be responsible for designing various fits and constructions from cut and sew to seamless with advanced technology and performance driven aspects.
This role requires a self-starting leader who can inspire those around him/her to achieve greatness, is creative and curious, and above all loves to see beautiful, functional clothes and delighted customers.
- Use analytical skills and judgement to solve problems and frequently deal with complex issues that require in-depth evaluation
- Lead research and development of key functional solves for an urban commuter
- Clearly articulate product design and strategy through collaboration with the Senior Design Lead to drive a holistic design direction
- Responsible to adhere to a calendar timeline
- Design and develop a successful multi product range with a focus on function first product concepts
- Manage development of appropriate product and sampling within critical path deadlines
- Liaise with customers on all aspects of design work and in turn help to develop product that is right for the customer by working with the product team
- Research and identify latest key trends to inspire and develop new ranges, and to compliment and drive forward existing product lines
- Ensure designs meet sku plans, assortment strategies and overall creative direction
- Some travel to factories for product development and conceptual projects required
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and development that embraces individuality
- Be a strategic leader by identifying problems, seeking solutions that align with key company objectives
- University degree or diploma in design or related field or equivalent specialized experience
- 5+ years’ of apparel design experience
- Strong working knowledge of garment construction, fit, and patterns required
- Excellent skills in Illustrator and CAD tools -- hand sketching skills are a plus
- Experience in functional product design and performance oriented product solutions
- Knowledge of fashion forecasting, keen eye for global trends, colours, fabrics and details
- Entrepreneurial skills including: creative problem solving, understanding of sales reports and sales opportunities
- Well organized, confident communicator, experienced in managing priorities and liaising with internal teams and external suppliers etc.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, adaptable to change and able to work closely with buyers and present your ideas, requiring a confident, 'can do' attitude to your work
- Willing and able to travel internationally
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Collaborative, egoless, adaptable, open to possibility and personal development
- Addicted to movement and activity, living a full-contact life
Reports to: Sr. Designer Lead
Working Team: Design Team
Works Closely with: Product Team
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please describe how you move in your city, outline a one-year goal you are working towards and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!