We are Kit and Ace, and we make Technical Luxury™ – clothing that has all the quality of luxury clothing, paired with the functionality of performance wear. Founded in Vancouver, BC, we have showrooms worldwide, and more opening all the time. Change is constant around here. We are always innovating. Our showrooms will evolve, our locations will change, our product line will progress and in 100 years we could be doing anything.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, accountability, transparency and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of creative leadership. We make more than just Technical Cashmere™ and the perfect t-shirt – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As a Showroom Lead you are an expert in delivering world-class guest experiences. Your passion for people and product exudes itself in all aspects of your life. You are able to speak authentically about who we are and how to use our product. You are an integral part of the shop leadership team. You lead by example, encompassing our culture at all times. You love design. You value integrity. You don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- Define, model and demonstrate the behaviors that enhance engagement, build enduring relationships and represent the Kit and Ace brand at all times
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Build authentic, lasting relationships with Showroom guests, nurtured and developed.
- Take an ‘on duty’ approach to recruitment and always be on the lookout for the best talent, including identifying stand-out shop members and encouraging their progression
- Maintain knowledge of in-shop stock availability on the shop floor and in backrooms
- Communicate features, benefits, fabric properties, usage, and best care instructions to guests
- Take seamless ownership of the business in the absence of senior management, ensuring that the service level is maintained and operations are executed
- Lead and motivate the team to deliver on KPI’s by encouraging a positive culture of integrity, authenticity and intentional communication
- Actively maintain showroom appearance, keeping merchandise stocked and organized, while ensuring that the showroom is clean and well presented
- Prepare merchandise for tailoring/alteration as may be required
- Use the Point of Sale system, process payments, refunds and exchanges and issue gift cards
- Proactively seeks out the connectors of the world, and encourages their involvement in Community initiatives, to enhance Kit and Ace’s network.
- On call for circumstances that may require an extra set of hands to open or close the shop
- Support the execution of Showroom operations by willingly taking on other tasks as directed by the Showroom Leadership team
Reports to: Showroom Director
Working Team: Showroom Staff
Works Closely with: Retail Operations, Information Technology (shipping systems) and Brand
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!