We are looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial Associate Buyer to join our high-performing Product Management Team at our Vancouver headquarters. You will assist in the development of a compelling regional line architecture, create assortment and distribution plans, and optimize sell through while ensuring the global brand and merchandising objectives of Kit & Ace are met. As an integral member of the Product Team, you will work closely with the Design, Retail, Operations and Production teams to ensure the product is created with end in-mind and the defined targets are met. Key responsibilities include assisting Buyers with tracking and maintaining Line Plans, Sales and Inventory analysis and communicating and collaborating cross-functionally to ensure the optimal execution of procedures and timelines.
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- Define, model and demonstrate the behaviours that enhance engagement, build enduring relationships and represent the Kit and Ace brand at all times
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Assists Buyers with Line Plan and Buy Plan
- Assists in execution of Seasonal Meltdown, Line Pass, Buy Review and OTB
- Assist with defining and communicating product flow, pricing and product allocation
- Responsible for reporting performance of one or more Product Categories and provide recommendations on a weekly basis for re-order suggestions and/or exit strategies
- Leverages in-season sales and product learnings to optimize future-season merchandising strategies; analyzes performance metrics to ensure year-over-year productivity
- Works closely with the Design team to ensure concept to shop execution
- Responsible for giving product feedback during design reviews and color review, ensures targets are met
- Identify and highlight key trends in the marketplace
- Use analytical skills and judgement to solve problems and frequently deal with complex issues that require in-depth evaluation
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and take initiative
- BA or BS degree with 2+ years’ experience within a Buying or Product Management role
- Strong Excel skills
- Proven ability to work with a cross-functional team
- Excellent sense of style, color and fashion trends
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Thinks creatively to produce new ideas, concepts, and solve problems
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Buyer
Working Team: The Product Management Team
Works Closely with: Pre-Production/Production, Design, Shops
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!