As the Director, Pre-Production you are the key link between the Hong Kong Liaison Office, Kit & Ace HQ, and our vendors abroad. You are a high-functioning professional who understands all aspects of product commercialization. You will succeed by building symbiotic partnerships with our vendors, reaching our seasonal cost targets and ensuring that we receive top quality products on time and in full purchased quantity.
- Leading a solution oriented and results driven pre-production team and providing mentorship to both peers and cross-functional
- Managing and driving the Pre-Production process with the cross functional teams to meet the Go to Shop
- Initiate and drive product creation projects through creation and implementation
- Drive and execute key initiatives and provide input to short, mid and long term planning and budgeting
- Drive process improvements impacting efficiency, quality and aesthetics cross- functionally.
- Drive Go To Shop Calendar to meet deadlines
- Utilize innovative and creative problem solving techniques in working with the cross functional team ie: design, tech design and buyers
- Continuously streamline processes and procedures that will facilitate final design integrity and margin
- Analyzing costs, order booking timing and quality concerns throughout the pre-production development process to cross-functional teams and driving to achieve
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams such as HKLO, Design, Raw Materials, Technical Design, Buying and Quality to ensure product meets aesthetic, cost and quality targets
- Consistent evaluation of our vendor base and manufacturing regions to support evolving business needs. Implementing necessary corrective action plans to meet strategic targets
- Working with HKLO to identify new vendor needs based on strategy or new product categories.
- Gathering data, analyzing capacity needs, collaborating with HKLO to forecast vendor capacity.
- Drive factory allocation to meet design needs and margin
- Partnering with Production team to drive timely resolution of production issues in order to deliver on
- Managing claims, liabilities, dispositions & vendor disputes in an timely and professional manner.
- Leading and driving Cost Negotiation
- Drive WFX improvements for the Product
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- 5+ years’ specialized experience in apparel sourcing and production
- A proven leader with at least +3 years progressive experience managing people
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, empathy and work ethic
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: VP, Sourcing
Working Team: Pre-Production Team
Works Closely with: Design, Technical Design, Product Management, Raw Materials, HKLO
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!