As the Financial Controller for this fast growing retail start up, you will leverage all of your experience to provide value to the organization at multiple levels, from providing insight to HQ on international corporate structures to hands on budgets, forecasts and schedules.
The focus of this role will be, build out of financial model and budgets, financial reporting and analysis (month end and annual) and the development of policies and procedures that will give the company a solid base to build on. You are capable of adapting global processes to local needs. You are expected to be a leader within the company, hire and develop strong teams, solutions focused and capable of delivering incremental progress towards defined goals.
- Working with the senior accountant, assistant accountant and the Head of Country, oversees the day to day operations of the Finance department, including budgeting, forecasting and cash flow management
- Working with the senior accountant, manages the longer term cash management strategy and policy until the business is cash flow positive
- Delivers meaningful financial information and analyses to the Head of Country, as well as global finance team, internal and external stakeholders, in a format that meets each user’s needs
- Takes full ownership for developing and adapting the accounting policies of the global organization, taking into consideration the impact of these policies on future transactions and/or business changes
- Works directly with the senior accountant and assistant accountant to execute on the administrative aspects of the finance department (payroll and employee benefits, GST returns and filings, WCB, etc.)
- Supports the Head of Australia/NZ and Head of Finance Vancouver in third party contracts and negotiations as and when needed
- Supports the Head of Finance Vancouver with research required on corporate tax matters, including corporate structure and tax planning, international expansion (NZ) and compliance within each jurisdiction, and the potential tax impact to shareholders of changes in the business as they arise
- Analyze and plan department needs to support the company’s stated goals for growth
- Make use of technology to provide best in class financial support, infrastructure and framework for the company and each department within the context of an environment that needs to remain nimble and flexible
- Be key team member for the software and systems business requirements and implementation planning
- Provide leadership for all aspects of the organization’s financial management, including leading the local and global senior management team in setting annual budgets that guide organizational priorities and decision making
- Establish efficient and effective processes for ensuring sound financial decision making throughout the organization across multiple departments, in conjunction with adherence to established budgets
- Contribute to a culture of development and accountability, manage and develop the finance team
- Maintain the utmost integrity and create a professional and cooperative environment with all stakeholders
- Accounting designation required (CA or CPA)
- Minimum 7+ years of progressive senior finance experience, preferably in a high growth multi-channel retail environment.
- NetSuite or ERP experience requires
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills with direct experience in managing people
- Ability to maintain composure and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Superior communication skills, solid problem solving skills and an ability to prioritize demands and manage expectations.
- A creative thinker that can produce new ideas and concepts
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and take initiative
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Smart, intelligent, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
|Reports to:||Head of Country, dotted line to Head of Finance - Vancouver|
|Works Closely with:||All other business departments|
|Type:||Part Time, 3 Days per week (Monday non-negotiable)|
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the 411 behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.