We are Kit and Ace, and we make Technical Luxury™ – clothing that has all the quality of luxury clothing, paired with the functionality of performance wear. Founded in Vancouver, BC, we have shops worldwide, and more opening all the time. Change is constant around here. We are always innovating. Our shops will evolve, our locations will change, our product line will progress and in 100 years we could be doing anything.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, accountability, transparency and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of creative leadership. We make more than just Technical Cashmere™ and the perfect t-shirt – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As the Pre-Production Manager, you are the key link between Kit & Ace and the Kit and Ace Hong Kong Liaison Office. You are a high-functioning, multi-task professional who understands all aspects of product commercialization. You will succeed by building partnerships with the cross functional teams, reaching our seasonal cost targets and ensuring that we receive top quality products on time and in full purchased quantity.
- Allocate 30% of your time to lead, develop, coach and guide the pre-production team in establishing goals and developing the competencies that drive performance
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- Define, model and demonstrate the behaviours that enhance engagement, build enduring relationships and represent the Kit and Ace brand at all times
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and development that embraces individuality
- Be a strategic leader by identifying problems, seeking solutions, and outlining key company objectives
- Leading a solution oriented and results driven pre-production team and providing mentorship to both peers and cross-functional partners.
- Managing and driving the Pre-Production process with the cross functional teams to meet the Go to Shop deadlines.
- Analyzing costs, order booking timing and quality concerns throughout the pre-production development process to cross-functional teams and driving to achieve resolution.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams such as HKLO, Design, Raw Materials, Technical Design, Buying and Quality to ensure product meets aesthetic, cost and quality targets
- Gathering and analyzing vendor performance. Communicating finding to cross functional teams. Building vendor strategy in collaboration with HKLO.
- Consistent evaluation of our vendor base and manufacturing regions to support evolving business needs. Implementing necessary corrective action plans to meet strategic targets
- Working with HKLO to identify new vendor needs based on strategy or new product categories.
- Gathering data, analyzing capacity needs, collaborating with HKLO to forecast vendor capacity.
- Collaborating with HKLO and Design on style allocation.
- Partnering with Production team to drive timely resolution of production issues in order to deliver on time.
- Striving for continuous improvement by proactively identifying, assessing and implementing process optimization.
- Managing claims, liabilities, dispositions & vendor disputes in an timely and professional manner.
- Leading and driving POD meetings with cross functional teams.
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience apparel Sourcing / Production
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, empathy and work ethic
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Encourage a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Head of Pre-Production
Working Team: Production team
Works Closely with: All other business departments
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!