This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As the Software Developer, you will design and develop internal digital solutions throughout Kit and Ace to ensure the highest quality experience for our online guests. This role will primarily provide backend web development in the web technology space.
- Review, analyze and implement user stories into digital solutions within an agile development environment
- Actively participate in sprint reviews, ensuring that estimated development efforts for tasks are accurate and achievable, indicating any potential barriers or concerns to implementation
- Actively participate in daily stand-ups, detailing successes and barriers with regards to day-to-day activities
- Working with the Applications QA team, review and resolve issues for our current web solutions, using current bug tracking tools.
- Create or update features and integration points within the Kit and Ace enterprise software landscape
- Working with local and/or outsourced development teams, facilitate the development of integration components connecting systems via an enterprise service bus.
- Investigate new technologies with the vision of leveraging them to provide a new standard for external and internal digital applications.
- Application operational support
- Triage and resolve application issues in a production environment
- Diagnose application issues when they arise and, based on severity/impact, support to resolution.
Enterprise Systems Manager
Works Closely with:
Permanent, full-time position
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!