We are Kit and Ace. We make Technical Apparel for your everyday life by applying the best practices of athletic design to clothing you want to wear all day.
We created Kit and Ace for people like us – people who love to move and understand how technical clothing should perform, people who are spoiled by the comfort and movement of athletic apparel, but want to leave gym clothes at the gym. In our world, functionality, beauty and style live together.
Our concentration on transformational development lives in how we design our product and especially in how we develop our people. We want to develop the leaders of tomorrow by pushing the boundaries of what we thought we were capable of. We are working on something bigger than ourselves. We focus on creating products and experiences that keep us moving forward so we can each make the most of our days.
Still reading? Good. Let’s create some big things together.
As the Sourcing Manager, you are the key link between Kit & Ace and our Vendor partners. You are a solution-oriented professional with a clear understanding of product commercialization and production. You will succeed by building partnerships with the cross functional teams, reaching our seasonal cost targets and ensuring that we receive top quality products on time and in full purchased quantity.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Design, Technical Design, Buying and Quality to ensure product meets aesthetic, cost and quality targets
- Ensure that products are developed & commercialized with vendors who can exceed our aesthetic & quality requirements while balancing financial goals and overall sourcing strategy
- Analyze vendor performance and drive style allocation decisions based on vendor capacity and abilities
- Meet deadlines of the commercialization calendar
- Manage style costing, margin & cost negotiation with vendors to meet financial targets
- Negotiate materials and garment minimums, production lead times & terms to meet business requirements
- Responsible for confirming hand-over dates and issuing purchase orders
- Drive timely resolution of production issues to deliver on time
- Consistent evaluation of our vendor base and manufacturing regions to support evolving business needs
- Implement necessary corrective vendor action plans to meet strategic targets
- Strive for continuous improvement by proactively identifying, assessing and implementing process optimization
- Identify new vendors based on strategy or new product categories
- Manage claims, liabilities, dispositions & vendor disputes in an timely and professional manner
- Ability to be flexible on schedule to coordinate best communication with International partners
- Allocate 30% of your time to lead, develop, coach and guide the Sourcing team in establishing goals and developing competencies that drive performance
- Be a strategic leader by identifying problems, seeking solutions and highlighting opportunities
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in apparel Sourcing/Production
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Exceptional communication skills – written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Ability to maintain composure and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable to change and able to work closely with team, requiring a confident, ‘can do’ attitude to your work
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectation of self and team
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback in the movement
- Entrepreneurial, egoless, adaptable, open to possibility and personal development
- Addicted to movement and activity, living a full-contact life
Reports to: Director of Product
Working Team: Product Team
Works Closely with: Design, Technical Design, Buying, Quality, Logistics, Finance
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please describe how you move in your city, outline a one-year goal you are working towards and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!