This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans
As the Trims Specialist you will be responsible for supporting in the commercialization of Trim and notions from concept to production.
- Manage seasonal Trim developments against the calendar to ensure completion date
- Oversee the coordination of trims testing and quality assurance
- Manage and analyze large amounts of raw material data using excel spreadsheets
- Manage all Trim data in WFX project management software and ensure accuracy for buy-ready status
- Issue Purchase orders for sampling requirements and on hand supply of trim in office
- Ensure production readiness and on time delivery for seasonal deliveries
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of findings, notions, and trims industry trends, continuously building expertise and a network of contacts within the industry
- Assist with meetings for trims needs for use in seasonal prototypes and counter samples, including inventory tracking of on-hand trims materials
- Independent ability to identify a problem, seek out a resolution and implement a corrective action
- Ability to balance multiple tasks within tight deadlines, and report on deliverables
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of multiple teams
- Responsible for communication for cross-functional teams- sourcing, and HKLO
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- 3+ years of experience in garment wholesale or product assistant support
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Trims Engineer
Working Team: Pre- Production
Works Closely with: Pre- Production Team, Design Team, Technical Design Team
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!