We are Kit and Ace. We make Technical Apparel for your everyday life by applying the best practices of athletic design to clothing you want to wear all day.
We created Kit and Ace for people like us – people who love to move and understand how technical clothing should perform, people who are spoiled by the comfort and movement of athletic apparel, but want to leave gym clothes at the gym. In our world, functionality, beauty and style live together.
Our concentration on transformational development lives in how we design our product and especially in how we develop our people. We want to develop the leaders of tomorrow by pushing the boundaries of what we thought we were capable of. We are working on something bigger than ourselves. We focus on creating products and experiences that keep us moving forward so we can each make the most of our days.
Still reading? Good. Let’s create some big things together
As our Community Connector a.k.a Tribe Generator, you will be responsible for helping us grow our Kit and Ace tribe. You are a people leader and a collaborator. You help plan, support and execute on the ground initiatives working with key partners in the company and the community. In this role, you will spend your time connecting with people in our tribe while also connecting with those who don’t know us yet. You are part of our brand team and will work directly with our shops, ecommerce, product and guest education teams.
- Work cross-functionally to create community strategies that balance broad and hyper-local needs, with the goal of driving positive results on and offline.
- Identify key markets (outside of ones where we have a shop) to grow and connect with our tribe
- Support North America focused initiatives designed to create new guest acquisition and current guest retention
- Provide support to shops and ecommerce on ways to build local and virtual community, drive traffic, sales and brand awareness.
- Own market activations from start to finish - you build out the event and on the ground activations for key markets, including:
- Track and measure the return of your efforts i.e. social media, partnerships, traffic, media hits
- Understand where our target market is, know the places to go and things to do in these cities
- Connecting with the right people to create buzz - influencers, vendors, location owners, media
- Dreaming up, planning and bringing to life the events that everyone will be talking about.
- Having your ear to the ground, knowing the events across North America that we can’t miss out on.
- Bringing the internal team on board and along for the ride
- Being a stellar event planner - you live for the details and “pinterest fail” is not in your track record.
- Being the face of our brand on the ground
- Develop and execute community relation efforts that combine digital and social with print and broadcast consumer media initiatives
- Track and manage the program budget and manage day-to-day media relations and agencies for special projects
- Be the brand integrity “gate keeper”, making sure we are consistently represented with our voice, events and actions
- Build into our framework and strategy for storytelling
- Work cross functionally to meet brand objectives and track KPIs
- 2-5 years of experience in event planning, public relations or brand with a few major events under your belt.
- Love to move on your bike in all types of weather - you are an avid commuter throughout your city and the people you socialize with are people who share this passion with you.
- Have a sharp understanding of how technical and functional elements of your clothes can help you with your everyday ride.
- An expert connector – ability to influence and positively connect with people in person and you are active online with top skills in social media.
- Proven leadership skills and strong command of communications techniques for engaging with audiences in person and online.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Self-starter, collaborator, project manager with the ability to work independently and has delivered results through execution
- Prior experience of working with and negotiating with vendors, sponsorships and partnerships
- Know, anticipate and understand trends like it’s nobody’s business.
- Have your finger on the pulse of what is going on in key North American cities.
- Understand what it means to deliver true guest experiences when it comes to product, service or events
- Live the KA brand and values: Quality, Design, Learning, Integrity, Fun, Choice
- Entrepreneurial spirit and relentless learner.
Reports to: Senior Director of Strategy and Online Engagement
Working Team: Ecommerce Team
Works Closely with: All other departments
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please describe how you move in your city, outline a one-year goal you are working towards and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!