We are Kit and Ace, and we make Technical Luxury™ – clothing that has all the quality of luxury clothing, paired with the functionality of performance wear. Founded in Vancouver, BC, we have shops worldwide, and more opening all the time. Change is constant around here. We are always innovating. Our shops will evolve, our locations will change, our product line will progress and in 100 years we could be doing anything.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, accountability, transparency and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of creative leadership. We make more than just Technical Cashmere™ and the perfect t-shirt – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As the Manager, Retail Training, you will work closely with our Head of Retail and People team to create, develop and deliver (industry leading) functional and leadership learning programs and initiatives that support the success of our Retail Shops and Shop teams.
You are an innovative, flexible and experienced Learning & Development professional who is passionate about creating engaging and effective learning experiences and programs that deliver results. You have a proven track record of creating learning programs and learning opportunities that embody and enhance organizational culture, ensuring it is aligned with business priorities in a retail environment.
- Create transformational learning and talent development (L&TD) programs and experiences that elevate performance, productivity, and profitability at all levels with in the retail business
- Deliver ‘best in industry’ technical product education
- Foster a culture of high performance and continuous learning fueling and ensuring future growth
- Multi-tier L & TD program that supports career and personal development at all levels
- Create and execute a scalable L&TD strategy for Retail & The Service that enables all guest facing employees to deliver an industry differentiated Guest Experience that drives performance, productivity and profitability
- Employee productivity scores (sales per SQFT)
- Positive comp showroom conversion %
- Guest Experience satisfaction scores
- Internal pipeline and promotion rate of at least 50% year over year
- Landmark & Igolu participation rates with Vision & Goals communicated and posted in showrooms
- Reduced Turnover Rate
- Employee retention of information and overall level of satisfaction (based on feedback surveys)
- Lead, coach and mentor the retail training team to build out their skills, competencies and behaviours that elevate overall team performance, and support each in their transformational development
- Engage in enrolling conversations that inspire and improve performance and productivity
- Lead and model desired behavior though vision, mission and core values
- Be the beacon of the Kit and Ace culture, leading by example at all times
- Speak the language of Vision & Goals and key learnings from Landmark & IGOLU that defines the uniqueness of our culture
- Create and communicate a vision of all that’s possible for Retail Training in North America that inspires and engages Retail and The Service employees at all levels
- Create a scalable and sustainable Retail Training strategy, oversee the execution in North American markets, and monitor and assess its effectiveness for continual learning and improvement.
- Work closely with the Head of Retail, People team, and key stakeholders to assess and identify current learning gaps, and highlight opportunities to elevate education, drive performance and productivity, and inspire both Educator and Guest loyalty.
- Creates, leads, and delivers retail learning and development programs in the field, in person and via scalable communication channels that result in inspired and confident teams, and supports the achievement of revenue targets and KPIs
- Develops, leads and mentors the Retail Trainers in all aspects of the content development process from start to finish, including project scoping, needs assessment and learning objectives, defining deliverables, establish learning KPIs, evaluation cycles, program facilitation and execution, resource planning, and attendance tracking and reporting.
- Leads and builds out a scalable in-field functional training pipeline program (Know It All Program) for retail leadership roles, building subject matter experts and capabilities within the field
- As the L&D subject matter expert, leads the content creation of all learning programs and experiences, researches best-in-class approaches, then incorporates and applies these best practices to current retail learning programs, experiences and tools
- Researches, identifies and implements a scalable online learning technology platform that enhances program delivery, engages with target audience, and meets learning program needs.
- Monitors, evaluates and reports on the effectiveness of all learning programs, experiences and tools
KEY INTERNAL BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS:
Retail, Product, Operations Solutions, Brand, Ecommerce, and People
COMPETENCIES AND KEY REQUIREMENTS
- You are aligned with our company vision, mission, and core values
- Leads with trust, integrity, courage and accepts personal responsibility for your actions.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business Administration or Human Resources
- 3-5 years management or leadership experience in L&TD, ideally within retail industry
- Proven ability to create, execute and evaluate scalable retail / guest facing learning programs
- Exceptional ability to create “quick turn” and engaging learning content and tools for all audiences
- Proven ability to lead a remote team, build relationships and achieve results through others
- Results-oriented with proven ability to drive performance and productivity results through learning
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise & inspiring manner that fosters employee engagement
- Self-Aware - know your strengths and opportunities
Manager, Retail Training
Vancouver, British Columbia