We are Kit and Ace. We make Technical Apparel for your everyday life by applying the best practices of athletic design to clothing you want to wear all day.
We created Kit and Ace for people like us – people who love to move and understand how technical clothing should perform, people who are spoiled by the comfort and movement of athletic apparel, but want to leave gym clothes at the gym. In our world, functionality, beauty and style live together.
Our concentration on transformational development lives in how we design our product and especially in how we develop our people. We want to develop the leaders of tomorrow by pushing the boundaries of what we thought we were capable of. We are working on something bigger than ourselves. We focus on creating products and experiences that keep us moving forward so we can each make the most of our days.
Still reading? Good. Let’s create some big things together.
As a Product Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting our global sourcing and production strategy by managing the day-to-day production functions, maintaining strong relationships with our production partners and internal teams, learning costing methodology and product development process to meet department goals.
- Product Development
- Support the fabric and trims development process by following up with the lab tests, fabric/trim detail sheets, quality assurance sheet, and conducting washing tests during fabric development stage
- Seasonal System Data set up
- Create cost sheet
- Manage timeline and adhere to calendar timelines
- Follow up with all vendor cost sheet submission
- Coordinate seasonal and chase buy plan with cross functional teams: Buying, Design, Tech Design, and vendors
- Create and maintain order worksheet
- Monitor order placement and production process vendors to ensure proper product flow
- Issue and update Purchase Orders
- Resolve production issues
- Monitor factory delivery performance and report positive and negative trends
- Review all relevant reports to monitor business
- Support the Product team with ad hoc projects as required
The Finer Print (Experience Requirements):
- 1-2 years’ experience as a product assistant + internship experience
- Positive and dependable attitude
- Exceptional organization, timeline management, and project coordination skills
- Demonstrated proactive problem solving skills
- Detail orientated with strong follow through and the ability to multi-task, prioritize multiple projects, and adhere to timelines
- Confident communicator, experienced in managing priorities and liaising with internal teams and external suppliers etc.
- Advanced ability with Adobe Suite (Illustrator) software
- Strong knowledge and use in WFX (our PLM system), Microsoft Office and other web-based applications
- Ability and comfort working in a creative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment, adaptable to change and able to work closely with buyers and present your ideas, requiring a confident, 'can do' attitude to your work
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Sourcing Manager
Working Team: Product
Works Closely with: All other business departments
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next three years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!