This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day. Recently named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Kit and Ace is upping the ante in streetwear, changing the way we think about clothing.
More than just a shop – our showrooms are community hubs where locally designed art and furniture offer a fresh backdrop to vibrant supper clubs, mindfulness training sessions and cocktail hours.
As a Showroom Lead you play a key role in making the magic happen. Just like us, you are committed to continuous development. You have big plans. You set goals and see them through. You make the most of every minute engaging with people and creating meaningful experiences. You set a new personal best every day, no matter what you are doing. You are an athlete at heart – you love to sweat but that doesn’t mean you always want to dress the part. You have an eye for fashion and know how to create a world-class customer experience.
WHAT YOU WILL GET UP TO:
- Coaching and developing your team – helping them set and achieve big goals
- Champion our thriving company culture and live out our values
- Build real and lasting relationships with guests, neighbours and local influencers
- Create an atmosphere that balances fun and creativity with a drive for real financial results
- Motivate and support your team to keep learning every day
- Coach other Educators on ways to improve and evolve shop function and flow
- Teach guests about our technical fabrics and our products’ hidden features, functional benefits and care instructions
- Always have a mental log of in-shop stock availability – on the sales floor and in backrooms
- Ensure there isn’t a t-shirt, scarf, magazine or flower petal that doesn’t look like it belongs right where it is
- Receive and process stock from warehouse. These boxes can weigh up to 30 lbs. You are responsible unpacking, counting, tagging as required, folding, sizing and placing on the floor
- Restock and price to support seasonal promotions, as needed
- Prep pieces for tailoring/alteration – including any necessary documentation
- Arrange for shipments to other showrooms or the warehouse, as needed
- Open and close the showroom to Kit and Ace standards
- Use our Point of Sale system to take payments, and to issue refunds, exchanges and gift cards
- Get involved in staff training and showroom events as scheduled
WHO YOU ARE:
- Entrepreneurial, smart, ego-free, fun and creative
- Upbeat, optimistic, passionate, friendly and authentic
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own by setting goals and taking full personal responsibility
- At your best when working with a team
- Capable of handling difficult customer facing conversations and interactions
- A champion of a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of your team and yourself
- An open and clear communicator – you don’t hold back but you always speak with empathy
- World-class customer service skills
- A strong sense of personal style
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- A flexible schedule that allows you to work evenings, weekends, holidays and special events as needed
- A great sense of humour, positive outlook and willingness to openly receive and give feedback
- A second language (a bonus asset)
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Kit and Ace!