This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
The IT Development Manager will oversee the requirements gathering, development, testing and deployment of all in-house applications at Kit & Ace. Reporting to the head of IT, the applications manager will liaison with the department managers requiring software solutions for business and future business problems. The applications manager will schedule project management and development resources to gather requirements, develop, test and deploy software solutions that resolve the given business problem, while also ensuring the current best practices and company software development standards are maintained .
- Research and implement company software development standards and best practice guidelines for the Applications team.
- Work with the Applications team to design and implement the strategy for the Applications department.
- Work with company department managers to realize current and business software needs.
- Research existing technology solutions in order to utilize existing “Out of the box” solutions, if they can be applied.
- In cases where an existing solution cannot be found, works with the Applications team to come up with the best solution to the business need, taking into account existing systems and ensuring that all systems are integrated accordingly.
- Ensure all applications are developed with an “Enterprise-first” methodology, in that all applications will provide standard interfaces for all other internal applications to connect to, in order to maintain a cohesive, yet distributable enterprise-level suite of applications.
- Schedule development resources (Project management, Bas, developers and QA) for each project, after determining project priority with the department managers.
- Explore and maintain strategic business partnerships with new and existing software solution providers.
- Coach and mentor Applications Department staff, based on skillset.
- Continually look to for new and creative technology solutions for future business needs, looking to integrate technology solutions seamlessly with the in-store and online guest experience within the Kit & Ace domain.
- Recruit and retain a “Best in class” Applications team.
- Recognize and build upon team members’ strengths, and coach team members’ to improve weak points.
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Strong knowledge of the software development process, from conception to deployment, and maintenance
- 8+ years in a software development role
- Solid understanding and in-depth knowledge of HTML5/CSS3. You don’t have to have it all memorized, but at least know what a media query is
- Good communications skills, able to articulate specific issues, needs and solutions clearly and concisely
- Results oriented and focused on quality
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Not looking to “Think outside the box”, but realize that in the applications world, there is no box
- Well organized and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and initiative
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Head of IT
Working Team: IT Team
Works Closely with: All departments
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.