This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As the Internal Communications Coordinator you will be responsible for coordinating the content to support the operations, training, branding and culture building of the kit and ace shops internationally .You will be writing and publishing communication, maintaining calendars and content for internal communications, while ensuring all content is on brand and supporting the vision of Kit and Ace.
- Support Internal Communications Manager with key strategic initiatives
- Ensure consistent internal Kit and Ace global messaging through internal communications tools (e.g. the intranet)
- Work cross functionally to source market specific content to support company initiatives, including international markets
- Own content briefing intake for internal communications
- Oversee asset briefing for internal communications tools for branded assets
- Weekly newsletters:
- Assist to write and design weekly publications for all international markets
- Work cross functionally for approvals
- Own distribution lists and send out of newsletters
- Own and be accountable for our shop operations email account
- Responsible to respond to shop requests in a timely manner
- Filter communication through HQ
- oversee internal blog calendar and contributors
- Maintain Internal Communications publishing calendar
- Support in publishing internal documents on our intranet
- Be responsible for the overall health of our internal feedback software
- Pro communicator – you know how to say what needs to be said efficiently and effectively
- Post Secondary Degree and relevant experience in Internal Communications or Marketing an asset
- 3-5 years experience in internal communications, marketing or publishing
- Web design and community management skills an asset (InDesign, Photoshop, basic HTML and CSS)
- Excellent time management
- Discretionary thinking
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Internal Communications Manager
Working Team: Ops Solutions
Works Closely with: All departments, international, shops
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!