We are Kit and Ace. We make Technical Apparel for your everyday life by applying the best practices of athletic design to clothing you want to wear all day.
We created Kit and Ace for people like us – people who love to move and understand how technical clothing should perform, people who are spoiled by the comfort and movement of athletic apparel, but want to leave gym clothes at the gym. In our world, functionality, beauty and style live together.
Our concentration on transformational development lives in how we design our product and especially in how we develop our people. We want to develop the leaders of tomorrow by pushing the boundaries of what we thought we were capable of. We are working on something bigger than ourselves. We focus on creating products and experiences that keep us moving forward so we can each make the most of our days.
Still reading? Good. Let’s create some big things together
As a Pattern Maker for full package and non-full package styles, this role is responsible for ensuring that garments meet aesthetic, fit, construction and workmanship requirements for the design through production approval process, within established timelines for assigned product line.
Block development & utilization:
- Work with Design / Product Development team and management to create Pant pattern block.
- Create a Pant pattern block using charts, drafting instruments, computers, and/or grading devices.
- Responsible for draping or drafting patterns that reflect the fit and balance of the pant in different fit categories - (fitted, slim, relaxed and oversized).
- Provide accurate patterns to cutting and sewing.
- Responsible for sewing muslin and final sample using the approved block in actual fabric.
- Develop and manage block library patterns and measurement specs.
- Maintain block library spreadsheet and distribute to business partners as appropriate.
- Maintain computer pattern libraries.
- Maintain accurate pattern naming conventions and maintain accurate pattern file location.
- 5+ years of experience in apparel industry in Pattern Making capacity
- Experience in interpreting Design fit direction
- Strong woven & knit experience preferred.
- Effective verbal and written technical communication skills required
- Ability to be flexible in a multiple-task environment with a sense of urgency to meet development and production timelines
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and experienced in proactive problem solving
- COMPUTER SKILLS:
- Microsoft Office (Excel & Word)
- Outlook / Email
- PDM experience preferred
- Optitex experience needed
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Live and design a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Encourage a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Senior Technical Developer
Working Team: Design Team / Technical Team
Works Closely with: All other business departments
Type: Contract, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please describe how you move in your city, outline a one-year goal you are working towards and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!