As the Real Estate and Shop Development Project Manager, you will be involved with real estate research, supporting with acquisitions and overseeing the Project Management of Shop openings in Europe, which is an integral part of our business strategy. Through your excellent Project Management skills, ensure by-whens are met ready to seamlessly handover to the Retail Team.
You will also be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of our locations. You will network and partner with all departments, in particular Real Estate and Shop Development in HQ and UK based teams including Retail, IT and Finance. You will be the conduit between Kit and Ace and our external partners including Architects, Landlords, Property Agents, Lawyers, Shop Fitters and IT.
- Work with the Head of Europe, Financial Controller, retail operations, product and brand teams to find suitable locations for Kit and Ace shops and serve as their resource for leasing questions and concerns
- Provide solid recommendations that will enhance the overall value of our portfolio to the Real Estate Committee
- Evaluate proposed rent packages to make recommendations as to whether deals should be concluded.
- Work with internal and external partners to negotiate the best economic terms possible, including leases, renewals, tenant improvements, site locations, and other considerations keeping in line with our business objectives
- Coordinate issues/schedules with other departments (i.e. determining suitability of locations, arranging surveys, preparing lease comments, solving problems relative to lease language vs. construction, etc.)
- Analyze data (i.e. sales of other tenants, mall size, demographics, etc.) for existing Kit and Ace locations to determine market trends, potential profitability of current stores (with the specific rent factors), and possible patterns in sales performance relating to property types
- Provide collaborative leadership to internal and external parties; giving specific recommendations and guidance in understanding the big picture and management goals
- Liaise with a high volume of sites/landlord, finding solutions that work for both the company and landlord
- Work with HQ to ensure we create the perfect Kit and Ace shop design and layout
- Oversee and project manage store development (i.e. design, construction, facilities teams) to specification and on time opening of new stores
- Provide guidance and support to finance, retail operations and asset integrity, with respect to lease renewals, store relocations, and assignments associated with transfer of store movements
- In conjunction with the UK Real Estate committee and external parties, negotiate rent relief, rates and relevant aspects of procurement, whenever appropriate for under-performing stores as requested and substantiated by retail operations
- Communicate and negotiate with non-traditional developers to pursue and develop new locations that make sense, whilst focusing on brand building, including opportunities for concessions and pop ups
- Develop and maintain strong, alliances through effectively communicating with external business partners, including developers, brokers and related real estate partners
- Responsible for Workplace / Office acquisition / build out where required in addition to brand showrooms (our shop locations)
- Maintain information in current database
- Collate information to build lease sign off decks/presentations
- Accountable for the department capex and budgets, including finding avenues to reduce costs at at every stage, through strong and smart negotiations
- Smart, global thinker, intelligent, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Agile mulitiskiller, with no problem keeping up in a pacey, commercial, pivotal and evolving function
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Highly skilled Project Manager with 5-7 years’ related experience in the project management shop development and real estate industry and hands-on experience of shop design, interpreting lease agreements, preferably in the European retail sector and ideally some experience of shop maintenance
- Ideally a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (business, operations, management)
- Strong analytical acumen with the ability to solve problems and develop creative solutions
- Good understanding of corporate real estate management, including development and implementation, facilities management, construction, and dispositions of a European portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of real estate, leasing and legal practices
- Strong project management experience in construction or retail store build-out is essential
- Keen to learn and love working in a fast paced environment
- You are so organized, your friends and family comment on it
- Excellent time management, planning and execution skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- You are self-starter and jump at the chance to learn new things
- A great networker and brand ambassador
- You are an exceptional team member and even better working independently
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Able to operate MS Project and CAD or similar tools, and MS Office Suite
|Reports to:||Head of Country|
|Working team:||Shop Development|
|Works closely with:||All other business departments|
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the 411 behind a start-ups and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your CV and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next 5 years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Kit and Ace!