Full Time, Permanent
As the Senior Patternmaker and Fit Specialist for full package and non-full package styles, this role is responsible for taking a lead role in ensuring that garments meet aesthetic, fit, construction and workmanship requirements for the design through production approval process, within established timelines for assigned product line. You are also responsible for guiding a team of Patternmakers and Junior Patternmakers.
- Be a strategic leader by identifying problems, seeking solutions, and outlining key company objectives
- Use analytical skills and judgement to solve problems
Block development & utilization:
- Work with Design team and management to understand block library needs.
- Develop and manage block library patterns, measurement specs and fit samples to approval.
- Maintain block library spreadsheet and distribute to business partners as appropriate.
- Create proto 1st patterns from design sketches that ensure first proto samples meet design’s intent on styling, fit and construction.
- Review fit intent with Design to understand which fit block to use in order to maintain fit iteration goals.
- Utilize the block library and construction standards wherever applicable.
- Maintain the tech packs / pattern information throughout the proto process to ensure costing and product information matches garment and will be accurate for production.
- Tech packs to include detailed construction sketches and instructions, tolerances, graded measurement specifications, how to measure sketches on an exception basis, BOM, and any special handling instructions.
- Write fit comments that include technical direction on how to improve the fit and construction of a garment, giving the vendor all information they need to get the approval to make proto samples / size runs and later the approval for production.
- Provide accurate patterns to cutting and sewing.
- Label patterns with correct naming conventions.
- Trouble-shoot potential production issues to resolve for aesthetic and cost purposes.
- Through tech packs (full package) and production patterns (non-full package), manage production approval of garments, ensuring the approved proto / salesman sample aesthetic and cost is maintained, within production timelines.
- Maintain accurate pattern naming conventions and maintain accurate pattern file location throughout the approval process.
- Provide pattern and garment measurements for all styles in PLM.
- Incorporate production issue resolutions back into the proto development process for future seasons.
- Maintain all grading, construction manual, how to measure, and procedural standards.
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- 8+ years’ experience in apparel industry in a Technical Design + Pattern Making capacity
- Drawing, flat sketching, or Illustrator experience required
- Experience in interpreting design sketches into tech packs required
- Experience in interpreting Design fit direction into production ready patterns and direction to international factories required
- Effective verbal and written technical communication skills required
- Ability to be flexible in a multiple-task environment with a sense of urgency to meet development and production timelines
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and experienced in proactive problem solving
- Strong woven, knit and sweater experience preferred.
- COMPUTER SKILLS:
- Microsoft Office (Excel & Word)
- Outlook / Email
- Photoshop preferred
- PDM experience preferred
- Gerber experience needed
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Encourage a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Pattern Manager
Working Team: Design Team
Works Closely with: All other business departments
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!