This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As The Shop Director, you are responsible for all aspects of the shop and brand in your respective market, and treat the shop as if it were your own. You will use your entrepreneurial flair and business acumen to bring your shop to life. In this dynamic role you will support establishing the brand in market, creating exceptional experiences and developing a world-class team of leaders. You are essential in shaping the brand character of Kit and Ace, as well as running an entrepreneurial business that anchors Kit and Ace in your market. This is a fast-paced, exciting role, for someone who enjoys building partnerships and developing others with a hands-on approach.
- Allocate 30% of your time to lead, develop, coach and guide your team in establishing goals and developing their competencies that drive performance
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- Define, model and demonstrate the behaviours that enhance engagement, build enduring relationships and represent the Kit and Ace brand at all times
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and development that embraces individuality
- Be a strategic leader by identifying problems, seeking solutions, and outlining key company objectives
- Provide direction to employees based on established policies and management guidelines
Brand and Market:
- Run an entrepreneurial business that is rooted in the intricate workings of the city in which it resides
- Build authentic relationships and connections with our target market
- Responsible for developing innovative strategies that support business, brand, culture and people-growth that result in driving top line sales
- Responsible for planning and building a local market calendar that consists of unique events
- Responsible for managing a shop budget and labour costs to ensure the running of a profitable business
- Hire and develop an exceptional team that is able to drive strategy and produce results
- Own the strategy and development of high performing team members, and up and coming leaders
- Manage the daily and long-term needs of the business
- A proven leader with documented success in leading noteworthy projects and teams
- Smart, intelligent, fun, goal orientated, and driven by integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal
- You are a visionary and have the ability to see the big picture
- A true innovator
- An exceptional communicator, both internally and externally
- A natural relationship builder in the city and local neighbourhood – a true connector – out building key relationships
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects at once
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Encourage a transparent, honest, and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- A fast-mover, who can think on their feet and makes things happen
|Reports To:||District Director|
|Working Team:||UK Team|
|Works Closely With||All other business departments|
|Type:||Permanent, full time position|
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the 411 behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your CV and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Kit and Ace!