We are Kit and Ace. We make Technical Apparel for your everyday life by applying the best practices of athletic design to clothing you want to wear all day.
We created Kit and Ace for people like us – people who love to move and understand how technical clothing should perform, people who are spoiled by the comfort and movement of athletic apparel, but want to leave gym clothes at the gym. In our world, functionality, beauty and style live together.
Our concentration on transformational development lives in how we design our product and especially in how we develop our people. We want to develop the leaders of tomorrow by pushing the boundaries of what we thought we were capable of. We are working on something bigger than ourselves. We focus on creating products and experiences that keep us moving forward so we can each make the most of our days.
Still reading? Good. Let’s create some big things together.
We are looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial Buyer to join our high-performing Product Team in our Vancouver office. You will report to and partner with the Senior Buyer to drive sales growth and profitability in our Retail Shops and E-commerce through providing product sales and inventory analysis and managing the Seasonal Buy. As an integral member of the Product Team, you will work closely with the Design, Retail, Operations and Ecommerce teams to ensure the brand and merchandising objectives of Kit & Ace are met.
- Generates business analysis and tools to track sales performance and inventory levels at channel, shop, category and size level
- Identifies key trends and maximizes opportunities to achieve continued growth and profitability (product flow, pricing, cancelation, re-order, exit strategies)
- Summarizes in-season learnings to optimize future-season merchandising strategies and line plans
- Ensures execution of Design, Merchandising and Financial strategies within Buy Plans and owns budget review process through Open-to-Buy model
- Regularly visits Shops to be in relationship with operations, gather feedback and ensure execution of Merchandising and Brand strategies
- Manages gates and deadlines as it relates to the Commercialization Calendar
- Give product feedback during design & colour reviews to ensure sales targets can be achieved
- Identify and highlight key trends in the marketplace
- Create, curate and fulfill strategy of product assortment for one or more product categories
- 5+ years of experience in buying or related product role
- Experience in vertical and wholesale buying
- Mastery of retail mathematics and Open-to-Buy with strong analytical skills to both create and evaluate forecasts, metrics and large data sets
- Advanced Excel skills
- Willingness to learn various ERP systems and is not dependent upon others for systems-related tasks
- Excellent sense of style, colour and fashion trends
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Thinks creatively to produce new ideas, concepts, and solve problems
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and take initiative
- Open to possibility and personal development
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback in the moment
Reports to: Senior Buyer
Working Team: Product Team
Works Closely with: Design, Ecommerce Operations, Retail Teams
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please describe how you move in your city, outline a one-year goal you are working towards and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!