The Fixture Development and Facilities Specialist, Shop Development, works to ensure the timely execution of shop development fixture program for new shop builds as well as regular maintenance of exisiting shops. You will be an integral part of the shop build team assisting in the timely execution of new shop builds, as well as translating the design and development of new fixture concepts and requirements to our vendors. You will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of Corporate front line and back line shop mainanance functions, including the implementation and on-going management of a facilities program.
- Develop Shop Maintenance processes that support the current shops and will scale to meet our future shop needs
- Manage a dashboard that tracks costs, type and number of repair incidents
- Manage routine and unplanned maintenance of shops
- Track metrics that show the resources required to maintain each of our shops
- Help create a communication plan to ensure there is visibility to this area of the business
- Develop a preventative maintenenace program to reduce costs of major repairs
- Be the main contact for shop repair emergencies
- Provide feedback to the design team and fixture development team on findings to ensure these finding are considered in future plans
- Execute small project roll outs that include shop closures as needed
- Forecast and manage maintenance budget, approve invoices for projects as needed
- Effectively manage purchase orders, receiving & invoicing work-flow for all shop projects and fixture roll-out programs
- Develop processes and procedures within the Shop Development team to ensure the fixture development needs of the department are being met
- Review quotes and manage individual project budgets for all fixture and equipment components, as part of the overall shop build budget
- Manage on-going communication with vendors regarding plan approvals, schedules, lead times, on site milestones and back-order shipments for project shops
- Work with the Project Manager to verify on site project dates and coordinate timely delivery of fixtures and equipment
- Verify that all procured materials are captured in project scope and schedule
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to clearly identify design intent and requirements for shop fixtures
- Clearly communicate concepts, design intent and prioritized requirements to vendors and manufacturers
- Review vendor and consultant drawings and ensure design intent is being met from the conceptual stage through to engineering
- Lead the review and feedback process on fixture prototypes
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- You have 2 years’ experience in fixture design and development and/ or project coordination, familiarity with purchase order programs an asset
- Keen to learn and love working in a fast paced environment
- Experience in scheduling and managing small projects
- Excellent time management, planning and execution skills
- Experience with Service Channel is an asset
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- You are a self-starter and jump at the chance to learn new things
- You are an exceptional team member and even better working independently
- Well versed with MS Office suite and familiarity with electronic P.O. system is an asset
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Manager of Fixture Development and Facilities
Working Team: Shop Development Team
Works Closely with: All other business departments
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!