This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As the Accounts Payable Clerk you will provide clerical and accounting support for our busy and fast-paced Finance department. You will provide all the administrative and transactional support required for our evolving Finance Team, including maintenance of accurate records and files, processing invoices and mailing payments. This position reports into the Controller and works closely with the Finance Administrator.
You are passionate about working in a start-up environment, being hands-on, and owning any task or challenge you are assigned. You are proactive, a self-starter and a team player.
- Process and distribute incoming mail to the Finance Department
- Monitor accounts payable inbox and print invoices, statements, and correspondence as necessary
- Prepare and distribute invoices to approvers of various departments for authorization
- Validate the integrity of approved vendor invoices in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Code invoices to relevant GL accounts and input into ERP system timely and accurately
- Process expense reports and payments to vendors and employees weekly
- Set up and maintain vendor records
- Set up and maintain ACH/EFT records
- Fill out credit applications
- Assist in the administration of the Corporate Credit Card Program as needed
- Reconcile vendor statements and communicate with vendors and/or business leaders regarding any discrepancies
- Maintain banking and filing supplies (bank deposit slips, cheque forms, general filing supplies)
- File accounting documents, including invoices, receipt documentation, vendor banking information, credit applications, incorporation documents
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles, practices, terminology and banking procedures
- Conscientious, strong attention to detail with high level of accuracy
- Experience working with an ERP system is an asset
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Must be able to work cooperatively in an open environment
- Well organised and efficient, with a good dose of common sense, initiative and sound judgement
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Encourage a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Accounts Payable Lead
Working Team: Finance Team
Works Closely with: All business departments
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!