We are Kit and Ace, and we make Technical Luxury™ – clothing that has all the quality of luxury clothing, paired with the functionality of performance wear. Founded in Vancouver, BC, we have shops worldwide, and more opening all the time. Change is constant around here. We are always innovating. Our shops will evolve, our locations will change, our product line will progress and in 100 years we could be doing anything.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, accountability, transparency and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of creative leadership. We make more than just Technical Cashmere™ and the perfect t-shirt – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As Brand Photography Off-Figure Catalogue Photographer you will be responsible for all off-figure catalogue/ecommerce photography content for Brand Photography in representation of Kit and Ace under the Brand Photography Catalogue Lead. The Brand Photography Catalogue Photographer owns all off-figure catalogue/ecommerce visual content passed down from the Brand Photography Catalogue Lead, including; our core products, full fashion products, accessories, and image retouching. The Brand Photography Off-Figure Catalogue Photographer also owns the ecommerce creative and works closely with the e-commerce department. This will include the production of the shoots, scheduling and bookings of talents/designers required to execute the shoot.
- Supports the Brand Photography Catalogue Lead in the seasonal creation of the ecommerce catalogue
- Responsible for execution of photography for following categories: PDP, Lookbooks, Catalog, Ecommerce, Email, PR, Social Media and Events
- Develop innovative photography and art direction concepts that visually highlight and elevate Kit and Ace’s product assortment
- Owns by when’s and key calendar dates for catalogue/ecommerce content required by the Brand Photography Catalogue Lead and Ecommerce in order to meet all brand/ecommerce drop calendar objectives (both digital and retail)
- Produce high quality digital images in line with established guidelines
- Supports the brand creative team in the build out of kitandace.com and its continued evolution for the catalogue
- Work with Creative Team on art direction, and help ensure brand consistency and alignment across all imagery.
- Work closely with our offs-site retouching partners to minimize the turn around times and retouching steps
- Work with eComm team on naming convention of files, delivery and archiving of imagery
- Owns and manages all required communication between our retouching partner, image selection, image editing and ensures all images are on brand quality of the finished work assigned by the Brand Photography Catalogue Lead
- Develop a clear understanding of corporate priorities and fiscal realities that affect the creative execution of assets
- Appropriately estimate the time required to complete each project by managing time effectively to meet all by when’s
- Be a team player on the brand creative team while supporting other departments
- Experience with product still-life photography (model/fashion photography is a plus)
- Ability to shoot in studio and on location
- Experience and skilled at lighting
- Experience with studio management: equipment care, rentals, storage
- Experience with styling off-figure and product styling
- Have an eye and visual understanding of how garments fall based on each of their characteristics
- 2+ year in photography role (preferably in-house at fashion/apparel/accessories company)
- Capable of executing a variety of work including the design elements required for catalogue/ecommerce (the appropriate skills needed for .com product shots)
- Capable of managing a large workload, producing quality work, and meeting by when’s
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts for catalogue/ecommerce
- Educational background in photography and operating knowledge of all adobe working platforms (must be able to edit all images)
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Brand Photography Catalogue Lead
Working Team: Brand Team
Works Closely with: Brand Photography Visual Art Director, Brand Photography Catalogue Lead, Ecommerce Department, Graphics Department, and Brand Team
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!