This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As the Intermediate Applications Developer, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of enterprise level applications, including database design and implementation, OOD architecture, UI and UX. You will be responsible for creating build processes and installation packages from the ground up, as well as maintaining them. You must love learning new technologies, are a mobile proto keener, who can easily translate tech jargon into plain language.
- Establish detailed program specification through discussions with stakeholders
- Clarifying what actions the program is intended to perform
- Breaking down program specification into its simplest elements and translating this logic into a programming language
- Devising possible solutions to anticipated problems
- Working as part of a team, which may be established purely for a particular project, to write a specific section of the program
- Combining all elements of the program design and testing it
- Testing sample data-sets to check that output from the program works as intended
- Conducting testing and installing the program into production
- Reacting to problems and correcting the program as necessary
- Evaluating and increasing the program's effectiveness
- Adapting the program to new requirements, as necessary
- Conducting user acceptance testing to ensure the program can be used easily, quickly and accurately
- Writing detailed documentation for the operation of the program by users and computer operators
- Updating, repairing, modifying and developing existing software and generic applications
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- You know C#, Managed C++, Visual Basic, Delphi, Prototype.js, RDBMS, Access, MS SQL Server (2KX), Oracle, SQLite, MySQL, NSIS and Installshield
- You are comfortable with architecting through QA, and have no problem rolling up your sleeves to help out where ever you are needed
- Strong analytical skills with exceptionally good judgment and ability to rapidly adapt to unfamiliar and changing situations/events
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and technologies including Active Directory, Domain Controllers, Group Policies
- Strong understanding of email routing protocols including SMTP and IMAP
- Strong understanding of the Apple operating platform.
- Ability to think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and take initiative
- Ability to handle highly confidential information and material
- Strong command of the English language and able to communicate complex topics in a clear, professional and pleasant manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Head of IT
Working Team: IT
Works Closely with: All other business departments
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!