This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As Accounts Payable Lead, you will have overall responsibility for anything and everything related to all outgoing payments and inbound paper flow; invoices, expense claims, deposits, prepayments, wires, cheques, ACH etc. You will help establish and manage a team of Accounts Payable administrators and effectively implement processes that support strong financial controls.
As the Accounts Payable Lead, you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have immaculate attention to detail, and are passionate about streamlining and improving accounts payable processes.
- Allocate 30% of your time to lead, develop, coach and guide your team in establishing goals and developing their competencies that drive performance
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- Define, model and demonstrate the behaviours that enhance engagement, build enduring relationships and represent the Kit and Ace brand at all times
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and development that embraces individuality
- Be a strategic leader by identifying root problems, seeking solutions, and outlining key company objectives and executing against them
- Use analytical skills and judgement to solve problems and frequently deal with complex issues that require in-depth evaluation
- Ensure timely and accurate payments for vendors and employee expenses
- Review vendor invoices for proper billing and accurate approval authorizations
- Ensure all payments are accurate with the correct payment method and currency
- Establish and manage a team of accounts payable administrators
- Work with internal and external auditors
- Manage and assist with resolving any internal and external vendors issues
- Analyze, develop, and implement systems and procedures for the accounts payable department
- Manage processes related to processing invoices, transactional data entry, and reconciliations
- Prepare financial reports for management’s review
- Provide Accounting department team with month end accrual details
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Four plus years of progressive hands on experience relating to accounting and accounts payable, with at least two years’ experience leading an Accounts Payable team
- Experience in a high volume, multi-location international company preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to lead and mentor a team of accounts payable professionals
- You are analytical, resourceful, and have top-notch problem solving abilities
- High attention to detail with an ability to create and document effective and efficient process flows for high volume processing
- Previous experience working with large vendors
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Ability to handle difficult situations with confidence and attain agreement
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Encourage a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
|Reports to:||Accounts Payable Manager|
|Working Team:||Finance Team|
|Works Closely with:||All departments|
|Type:||Permanent, full-time position|
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!