This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
The global brand market team is the connector of the brand. We ensure that the Kit and Ace brand shows up in the right places at the right time in support of global conversations.
To drive global conversations in market by enrolling brand champions that push traffic into Kit and Ace shops.
The International Brand and Market Intern is responsible for supporting the global brand market and community teams. This role functions to support the team in administrative tasks and ensuring the team is operating efficiently. The role also supports in ROI analysis and helps uncover the trends, statistics, and best practices in our global activations (and recommends subsequent strategies) and supports the team in efficient operations and administrative tasks. The role sits on the brand team in the global brand market department, and drives the growth of global brand communities.
- Impact Measurement
- Optimize and develop processes and best practices for global experiential activation ROI tracking
- Develop processes to analyze global shop traffic patterns based on brand activations and initiatives
- Analyze and discover trends, patterns, and best practices based on marketing data collected
- Create monthly analytical marketing reports that outline key learnings and outline future strategies to consider for global market and community activations
- Monitor weekly local and market calendars to ensure completion of all post-mortems and to ensure by-whens are being met by global teams
- Operations / Administration
- Lead international market updates during the global brand and market weekly meetings
- Prepare agendas and support materials for global market meetings
- Update and track international brand calendars
- Support with product ordering and seeding
- Support with administrative and/or project support to the International Market Director team
- Research Projects
- Prepare market and community research reports on innovative industry topics
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Exceptionally strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power Point/Keynote
- Tolerance for ambiguity and able to work in an unstructured environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally
- Open to feedback and committed to personal growth
- Flexible, energetic and hardworking
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment
- Completing or recently completed a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Commerce, or business-related fields
Reports to: International Brand Ops Specialist
Working Team: Brand Team
Works Closely with: International Market Director, District Directors, Shop Directors, Market Directors, Brand Ops
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
How to Apply:
- Please send your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format to [email protected] In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
- Please complete the Case Study Assignment that is outlined below and attach your Excel File and Power Point to your application.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL FRIDAY, MAY 27 AT 11:59 PM - Please be sure to complete all steps of the application as outlined above. By not completing steps 1 & 2 your application will be considered incomplete.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!
BRAND AND MARKET INTERNSHIP CASE STUDY
Kit and Ace is planning on opening its latest showroom in Sydney next month and has spent the past month holding three market activations to drive traffic and awareness to the showroom once opened. There is still time to organize an additional activation. It is your job to recommend one final initiative based on the learning opportunities from the previous three events.
Event One: Supper Club
The event - a supper club - targeted influencers and members of press and was held at a culturally relevant hotel located approximately 30 minutes from where the new showroom will be.
- 12 people in attendance (including 3 media guests)
- 15 people were invited (including 10 media guests)
- Budget: $1500
- Actual Cost: $2000
- 5 social shares
- 3 media hits in local outlets resulting in 300,000 impressions
Event Two: Flash Mob Activation
This public event held in the adjacent square to where the showroom will be located, involved members of the Kit and Ace team handing out coffee in cups branded with the new showroom address and opening date.
- 80 people interacted with
- Public event
- Budget: $5000
- Actual Cost: $6500
- 15 social shares
Event Two: Yacht Cruise in Sydney Harbour
This event – a private brunch club – was held aboard a private yacht and included a targeted guest list of local influencers.
- 6 people attended (including 3 bloggers)
- 12 people were invited
- Budget: $7000
- Actual Cost: $7000
- 5 social shares
- 3 blog posts each reaching 75,000 followers.
- One Excel file collating and analyzing the data
- One PowerPoint (2-3 slides maximum) summarizing data insights and recommendation